When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

grin ah yes

DuPainDuVinDuFromage Thu 21-Mar-13 22:27:59

juney there is pay and display street parking just outside the passport office, I would think you will find a space somewhere along that road. If no spaces, you could drive along to the Radisson carpark - it's pay and display but at least you should be able to park reasonably near the passport office.

juney- failing those options you can park at Sands/Freemans Quay/Gala and walk over the footbridge. I am meeting Frozen later for lunch if you are still in town -give me a bell if you want to join s.

Indith Fri 22-Mar-13 08:44:28

Yeah I'd say The Sands too. I always park there though!

Indith Fri 22-Mar-13 13:21:38

So the race is cancelled. Half happy because I have him around instead of a weekend alone wiht the limpet an the big ones but half disappointed I won't get the evenings of guilt free slobbing in front of whatever I want on TV while eating crap.

Send him to the pub for the evening to make up for his disappointment...

juneybean Fri 22-Mar-13 18:37:12

I parked at the one near Wilkinsons, only cost 1.70 so wasn't too bad!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner Leggy!

Indith Fri 22-Mar-13 19:19:58

He is drowning his sorrows in food it seems. He made chocolate eclairs and has gone out to pick up takeaway from The Capital. I shall not complain grin.

Good to know he redeems himself on occasion! As of tomorrow, J will have spent most weekends since A was born with something on (3 open days and one lads weekend) - I'm waiting with baited breath to see what the yet-identified thing he shall do to make it up to me is...

Indith Sat 23-Mar-13 08:58:28

It had better be good!

What goes through their minds? "oh yes I've been working all week while my wife looks after the children. She gets no sleep. She cooks and cleans and does all the laundry. She is looking rather frazzled. I think this weekend it would be nice if I went out a lot and left her at home with the children to do all the cooking and cleaning and childcare. She needs some nice family time."

Well that sounds so considerate, what can you possibly be complaining about?
grin
Dh has gone to watch rugby today, so am on my own with kids. I planned so much that we were going to do, and T was sick as soon as he got up sad So we are mostly watching TV. I can't even have a cup of coffee - we have no caffeinated coffee, and the new kettle has just started to leak really badly! So I'll be having decaf and making it in the pan!

Indith Sat 23-Mar-13 10:26:23

Do I need to do a coffee run?

Thank you but I think I wil manage. Still trying to decide if I can go out later this afternoon, assuming it's beem, say 7 hours since he was sick. He seems completely back to normal.
I have started a thread - not that I live my life through MN grin I've never been in this sitation before though, if mine are sick it does tend to go on a bit so all plans for the day are cancelled. I can stay in - don't need anything desperately but tbh they will go mad if they're cooped up all day. Supermarket is hardly wildly exciting but it does distract them for a while.

Are you all ready for Monday? Alice was asking if you could all come to play this weekend as D is her best friend! But I'm thinking now maybe not...you possibly don't want to share our germs grin

Indith Sat 23-Mar-13 10:40:30

I don't even have to clock on that thread to know how it will go

"yes fine just don't let him handle food"
"yes fine. I took mine out when they had measles/chicken pox/the squits you can't be expected to stay in all the time."
"I would try to stay home but understand sometimes you can't eg school runs etc."
"you selfish bitch it isn't about you coffee is not an essential"
"If your sick child came into contact with my child it could easily kill him. Stay at home."

How close am I?

Did he just gag on some breakfast or something/is he a bit snotty mucusy? Ds1 gags really easily, he has often sicked up all his breakfast int he morning if he has a cold and then doesn't quite swallow a mouthful right. I tend to send him to school anyway! I've not yet mucked up and sent him to school ill.

Indith Sat 23-Mar-13 10:41:32

Bricking it about Monday. Maybe tomorrow afternoon? You'll know by then if there are germs to be caught or not!

at the moment the thread is fairly silent! I said I was willing to go with the consensus I genuinely have no idea!
No, he was definitely ill this morning. Just got out of bed and was in the bathroom, I went in to say hello and he was grey! I asked if he was OK and he said he felt dizzy, so I was trying to get him on our bed and then he said he felt sick..and then he was sad We then had to stop DH off at the station, and although he wasn't well he was a normal colour again. When we got home I was telling him to shout for me if he wanted anything and he cheekily said "Why don't you bring a musical instrument down and I will shake it if I need you?". And since then he has been fine really, eaten, drank, currently playing and starting to bounce off the walls.
Good idea about tomorrow afternoon, will text you nearer the time. We were going to see a newborn baby but it was cancelled as they were back in hosp with feeding problems sad They're out and better now, but obviously we wouldn't be going now anyway.

Why bricking it btw? General nerves or something in particular? IME it's always the first few days that are the worst, once you're ina routine it'll all be fine. It's just at the moment you don't know how it will go

Indith Sat 23-Mar-13 11:05:46

Just the routine thing I think. Ds2 not settling well with childminder, has just cried non stop. Hopefully once we've done the first week and I will have my timetable etc it will be better and ds2 will be starting to settle. But he is in major separation anxiety phase anyway, not even dh is allowed to pick him up half the time.

Planning on 7.02 bus, 7.41 train followed by metro and walk to campus so I shall see what time I get there and refine things from there! Might be able to get away with 7.59 train but it would have to be the same bus so no point really! But will meet everyone on Monday and we shall see if there are other people to car share with etc and then I can look at season tickets etc if I'm going to need them/buying a car if I get allocated Sunderland. Golden I so wish you were starting too!

Well at least you know he will be in safe hands! And the limpet phase will be over soon smile

KaraStarbuckThrace Sat 23-Mar-13 20:44:03

Indith! It'll be fine smile DS2 will be fine once you have all settled into a routine.
Hope you enjoyed the curry! Hope it all goes well on Monday!
I did grin at the spaghetti up the nose incident!

Hope we are still on for Monday's Darlo meet at Adventure Point!

juneybean Sun 24-Mar-13 15:28:44

Yep will be there about 10 ish!

goldenretriever Sun 24-Mar-13 16:40:49

Indith, so wishing you loads of luck for tomorrow. Was the free Uni bus from Central Station a no go? Glad not starting as the eldest is on antibiotics from an infection and taking it badly. He is hopefully going to receive a diagnosis in July for his Autism so he had support for starting school in September, so that faff will be done. Glad I deferred, but I am sure you will meet lots of like minded people, especially as the March intake doesn't have all the teens in it! Let us all know how you get on.

Indith Sun 24-Mar-13 17:41:22

Sounds hard going golden. I hope it is all in place and working out by September! The free uni bus is not from Central Station, it is from the City Campus to Coach Lane so you'd have to get from the station to the campus first to get it. The bus from outside Central Station is an Arriva bus and it takes fecking hours winding through housing estates.

LillethTheCat Sun 24-Mar-13 17:50:04

I cant make it tomorrow. DD2 has excsma on her chin and its come up really bad. Going to take her back to the doctors. We went the other week and got some cream, but its worse now. Will be there another time though.

Good luck for tomorrow Indith

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now