When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

VikingLady Fri 15-Mar-13 15:50:50

I'll bear that in mind. Does that mean it might be funny ill advised to touch DH? grin

How pissed off Indith? Shall I divert you to a cocktail bar tomorrow and refuse to let you go back till Sunday to teach him a lesson? grin

Indith Fri 15-Mar-13 17:27:12

You have absolutely NOT idea how completely tempted I am by that. I really feel like taking off for a weekend. Sadly I fear the limpet would miss me. A lot.

Limpet had his first settling in session with the lovely CM today <<sniff>>. He played happily for a while then coughed and since he has a nasty cough he cried and the world ended. He was rather snotty and blotchy by the time I picked him up. He'll go a couple of hours Monday morning then for lunch on Wednesday. At least those hours will give me the chance to reclaim the study and get all my stuff organised for the following Monday which is stuff I'd have liked to use the weekend for but dh is fucking off for the whole weekend.

I just wish he would ask me about stuff. He talks to me yes but it always presented as a done deal, my opinion doesn't actually matter. Surely applying for jobs in different cities are things you talk about? Going away on your own for weekends are things you talk about? No? I'm fed up of it. I am just starting to sort my stuff and put it on the calendar then it is tough shit.

Indith Fri 15-Mar-13 17:30:59

But really I've beenn stewing over various things for a while and then last night he totally fucked up by blaming breast feeding for ds2 not sleeping and saying we should wean him completely. Because that'll work of course. I mean dd started sleeping through when I weaned her. Oh yes. About a year and a half after I weaned her.

CremeEggThief Fri 15-Mar-13 18:24:55

(((hugs))) Indith.

Ah yes the breastfeeding causes shit sleep argument.hmm

Dh does occasionally organise things without asking but he does pretend that he's consulting me. He forgets though that I have access to his email for work and that I can see the fact that he's already planned it all with his mates and bought the tickets.hmm

pour yourself a [gin] and think about what we'll do tomorrow. I reckon we can do the shopping in just over an hour and concentrate on the cocktails grin

What is his plan for when you start uni? I don't know exactly what you'll be doing but I'm guessing rowing every weekend will be problematic....

KaraStarbuckThrace Fri 15-Mar-13 19:03:17

I could come around and kick G in the balls for you, Indith! I am not surprised you are pissed off. He needs to get his shit together as you are going to be uber busy with your degree so he can't keep fucking off every weekend rowing or whatever he is doing!
And grrr at the blame sleep on breastfeeding!! DS still gets into bed with us 50% of the time and he weaned nearly 2.5 years ago!

Indith Fri 15-Mar-13 19:33:53

not to mention our co sleeping demand fed first born who slept 13 hours a night in his own cot every night by 6 months.....

Indith Fri 15-Mar-13 19:36:24

anyway this one did sleep well, he just gets ill a lot which kind of ruined it but he is a 3rd born, he gets the school bugs, the nursery bugs and the various bf and toddler group bugs to develop his immune system with.

but dh returned home with chocolate and has been out for crisps, pizzas and lemonade to ease my coldy throat.

Glad he's redeeming himself-.or did you just threaten him with Kara?

I have just properly lost my temper with 1 and 2 as they were running round screaming at each other as I tried to get 3 to sleep. I feel shit now as they are lying in bed sobbing. sad

Indith Sat 16-Mar-13 19:34:49

Spiggy bought about twice as much stuff as me grin.

Anyone know where I can find a nice pair of flares or wide leg jeans? Bootcut do not suit me at all and I am large of arse and thigh so I don't want skinny flare types.

But I have bras which do amazing things and I think 4 new tops and one tunic type thing and a pair of skinny jeans shock which bloody well better hold their shape and not fall down given the shimmying needed to get into them (good incentive to tone the tummy up a bit more) and a pair of trousers that are not jeans but I think I need to try them on a few more times around the house before I decide if I'm keeping them, they might be a bit big but the size below was definitely too small and muffin top creating.

grin dh says I'm allowed to go shopping with you again. While he was at bloody football I went through my wardrobe and chucked a whole load of stuff that no longer fits or just looks dreadful. I then organised it by type of clothing. that won't last I got rid of so much that we can take down a particularly nasty piece of flat pack that was used to store all the excess crap. I also found a whole load of tops that will go with my lovely new skirts. I feel all excited!

Sorry to hear about all the stress and snot. Indith, feel free to tell your Dh I fed Ds till he was 4 and dd till erm...a few weeks ago...and have worked ft since before each was a year. And yes, chilscare when you are studying is an issue for both of you!

Indith Sun 17-Mar-13 17:21:15

S'ok he has not mentioned the feeding again. Baby still snotty so firmly in bed with me. He has been quite restful though so I am sort of getting some rest adn dh is having nice quiet nights ready for doing the night weaning once the snot has gone.

Spiggy that sounds great. I still need to do my wardrobe weeding.

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 17-Mar-13 22:01:05

Glad you have had successful shopping trips! I look forward to seeing you in your new togs... when are we next meeting for cake? Should we try for a Botanical Gardens meet up during the Easter hols?

I can't meet up this Tuesday (cleaning carpets with shiny new carpet washer) and the following Tuesday I have a lunch date with DH smile

SPB - aww at your dd weaning, how are you feeling about it? Think I may cry when my dd eventually weans in -1- -2- 3 years grin

Indith, hope snot leaves your house soon!!

I have just realised that T is dropping to 3 days at nursery right at the time of EAster hols so no groups to take her to! So definitely p for a botanics meet either Thursday/Friday.

Indith, I have some rarely worn flares frm pre-baby you are welcome to try. They were snug on me then so no hope for the future! Reckon my pelvis got bigger after T anyway. They'd need shortening of course as they were frm NL tall range!

goldenretriever Mon 18-Mar-13 15:47:49

Glad to hear shopping trip went well. Indith, this time next week!!!!! Had sickness and diarrhoea all week end, otherwise might have fancied it. Think it is doing the rounds? Though all changing room windows conspire to make me look like a sack of shit. Tied with a string.

Went to a puppet show today, which turned out to be a religious Easter one. The company proudly introduced the Jesus puppet for the first time (during a quiet spell) and my youngest, who had tagged along for a neb, shrieked ' 'It's an owl!!!' Not sure if the vicar was impressed. Or the Headmaster...

KaraStarbuckThrace Mon 18-Mar-13 16:10:07

Jesus = wise.
Owl = wise.
Yep could totally see how your DS could get confused, GR grin

CremeEggThief Mon 18-Mar-13 16:35:38

That made me smile, Golden.

juneybean Thu 21-Mar-13 19:28:30

Best place to park if I'm going to passport office?

R not sure sorry but when are you going? I'm in town loads over next few days

juneybean Thu 21-Mar-13 21:53:49

Tomorrow morning, appointment is at 10.15am and will last about 30 minutes!

Oh, hope all goes ok. You going on holiday? I will be mooching round town after dropping dh at station earlyish on sat and later on monday

juneybean Thu 21-Mar-13 21:59:08

It's for that horrifying week long hen party in July!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now