When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 03-Mar-13 14:32:11

Blimey spiggy!!

Viking, her surname begins with W and she lives near BA, is it the same lady? BTW are you coming to Adventure Point on Wed 6th? Hope so.

goldenretriever Sun 03-Mar-13 16:32:53

Ooh SPB, sounds interesting, will bear that in mind.

Indith, 3 weeks??!!! Eeek. Thanks for letting me know about the body balance classes. I like to go to the first release, so I look slightly less like a right eejit. Will PM u nearer the time if ok.

Lileth I will PM u about the ASD thing please. It is more that there are 6 agencies involved so gets a bit of a head spinner. When we met up for curry in December, I was in a bit of a state if shock (like when Bishop Brennan got kicked up the arse in Father Ted) as the only hideous thing about his learning difficulties had happened. I had been asked to come in early before his Christmas concert to get him dressed. I was then asked to sit on a chair by the side of the stage with him with a piece of fucking tinsel to entertain him while all the other kids performed and pranced past us. Talk about a learning curve.

On a positive note, had a good day with the offspring at Herrington Park, quite impressed with it.

LillethTheCat Sun 03-Mar-13 18:05:56

I have replied golden. My DS has often had things to entertain himself while in school assemblies. He also has had a TA since he went into year 1 to help him not distract the rest of the school. I also went along with swimming so I could help him get changed. Hope it doesn't take too long. Im going to send you a second PM as Ive just thought of something else.

<wonders what SPB does>

juneybean Sun 03-Mar-13 18:49:36

I live around the corner from there golden grin

What is the appropriate response to a man who has been off playing Halo and board games all weekend with his mtea and is napping on thesofa within an hour of getting home, after eating the dinner I made him, saying 'but I'm tired Leggy. Just 5minutes...' ?

Seriously ... How should one respond?!

Do you have a screaming child handy? grin
Golden, sorry you're going through so much difficulty, I have no advice but sympathy
Bedtime cannot come quick enough today. Have been counting down the hours!

Indith Sun 03-Mar-13 20:36:06

how bad is it when the nurses on treetops start to recognise you? ds has scored some drugs. rattle cough scream. at least they let us home. probably because he kept screaming. the whole ward was probably happy to see the back of us.

Oh pants. Just in time for his birthday as well. How the drugs do the trick.

Hope the drugs do the trick. Stoopid phone

sad hope they start to work very soon

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 03-Mar-13 22:06:08

Indith, poor boy hope he gets better soon!

Leggy, kick him in the nuts!

VikingLady Sun 03-Mar-13 22:47:48

Is anyone having a good time?! My sympathies to everyone!

Kara That's her! And yes, I'm coming on Wednesday. Went to our first ever soft play today so we'll see how Adventure Point compares. Looking forward to meeting up again.

Hello! count me in for tomorrow as well. DS (5 months) and I will be there. How will we all recognise one another? Not sure I have any red carnation button holes lying around the house. ..wink

LillethTheCat Tue 05-Mar-13 11:18:58

I was about to ask the same Questoin worrying Are we meeting in a particular area? Or do we need some sort of sign?

Looking forward to soft play tomorrow morning.

KaraStarbuckThrace Tue 05-Mar-13 14:50:22

I will wait in reception, should be there by 10am. I will put DD in my Madame Googoo baby carrier so I will be easy to spot grin
Looking forward to seeing you all smile

KaraStarbuckThrace Tue 05-Mar-13 22:45:59

Tomorrow, just to recap.
Karastarbuckthrace
Lilleththecat
aworryingtrend
vikinglady

Anyone else?

Enjoy yourselves! envy

so so sorry but ds and I not going to make it , hes been a little snuffly for couple of days but today we both have streaming full blown colds. we wouldn't make a very giod impression!sad as was really looking forward to it.

LillethTheCat Wed 06-Mar-13 08:45:48

Really sorry, Ive only gone and double booked myself. I have a meeting in school this morning about DS (he is statemented and some people are coming in to discuss how he is doing and any tips for him) I thought it was this afternoon, but its at 10:30. Whoops.

Definately up for another Darlo (or anywhere nearby) meet-up soon though.

Totally gutted I can't come now sad Have fun though.

LillethTheCat Wed 06-Mar-13 08:46:30

Crossed posts there worrying Shall we meet up in a couple of weeks? And other people too of course.

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 06-Mar-13 09:49:43

Lilleththecat hope your meeting goes well.
aworryingtrend hope you and ds feel better soon.
will deffo do another one soon.
looks like it is just you and me Viking!

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 06-Mar-13 13:43:06

Adventure point was fun! DD fell asleep 5mins after we set off, she is still asleep in the car!

Viking - do you have a link to where you got those free eat well vouchers? Had a quick google but no joy!

VikingLady Wed 06-Mar-13 14:39:43

I thought it would be awful (location, nit the company!), but was actually really good!

I'll have a look for the link for the vouchers. I get most stuff from here

VikingLady Wed 06-Mar-13 14:42:12

this is it

You get a bunch of vouchers with the food planner, including free milk and money off froot shoots!

Indith Wed 06-Mar-13 14:46:08

Ooooh free stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now