When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

juneybean Sun 10-Feb-13 17:09:49

Ooh don't arrange for Tuesday if there's a better day, I won't come if its at a soft play as I'm childless that day, so will pick another day after half term

Indith Sun 10-Feb-13 18:29:45

Because I am far more likely to look here than I am to check noteice board or calendar or anything, tomorrow I need to:

Send a note into school for ds1's optometrist appointment on tuesday.
Do uni paperwork.
Send ebay parcel.

VikingLady Sun 10-Feb-13 21:49:59

Belated congratulations Leggy

I can't do this coming Tuesday as I have a meeting, but have a lot more free time after that.

Lilleth Are you in a village beginning with M? My ILs live there!

CremeEggThief Mon 11-Feb-13 10:08:46

We'll be in Ireland Tuesday-Saturday next week, visiting my new niece/ DS's cousin smile.

Have a lovely time, all of you.

LillethTheCat Mon 11-Feb-13 13:02:00

Viking No it begins with E. Has the village that begins with M recently been in the news about the post office? About a year ago? I live 3 miles or so away from there.

VikingLady Mon 11-Feb-13 20:54:33

I don't know - I tend to tune out when PIL start talking about local issues. They forget I don't know any of the characters...

KaraStarbuckThrace Tue 12-Feb-13 14:36:23

I'm going to have to give next week a miss due to a lack of money, and Gibside and Consett are a bit too far as well.

goldenretriever Thu 14-Feb-13 18:46:41

Ooh, Indith, Uni paperwork, its not too far away now, is it?!

Not sure about meet up next week, have an interview tomorrow morning, so have head up backside. Hope it us better than this morning, had event at a posh hotel, got lost, arrived late, had chronic diarrhoea + was barely conscious as the eldest had been up since 5. Apart from that though, it went swimmingly...

OH is annoyed as I bought him a step stool for VD!

Indith Thu 14-Feb-13 18:58:24

Good luck for the interview! Sounds like today was......interesting? wine?

I can't believe how soon it is now. I'm petrified. Logistics mostly, getting there etc. Sure it will be fine once I've worked all that out. This is where living somewhere more sensible would help grin.

OoohTrifle Thu 14-Feb-13 19:40:23

No chance of a quiet life on this thread - what a lot of lovely and not so lovely t(thk goodness yr ok Golden) news!

Kara -I'm up for a Teesside or even Darlo meet up. One day I will get to the Slug and Lilleth I do love a guessing game - is that the E near C and ASJ? I used to live in Wycliffe till I told my DH that a pavement is really a necessity and can we move please!

DH is in the kitchen where he belongs making pasta for the first time. I should applaud him but I am starving, grumpy and not v romantic. I am also eyeing up the Dominos pizza menu...

LillethTheCat Fri 15-Feb-13 12:11:39

Yes it is oooh Sorry no idea where Wycliffe is as Ive only lived here a year (originally from York), but I know what you mean about pavements. Its the only thing (apart from friends and family) that I miss about living in York. waits for cries of how lovely York is and how everyone wants to live there if they could afford it

Im also up for a Teeside/Darlo meet-up. Oooh have replied to you in the North Yorkshire thread grin

<goes off to google Wycliffe cos I am nosey>

LillethTheCat Fri 15-Feb-13 12:13:28

ooh Wycliffe is only 5 miles from me according to Google Maps, but its in a direction Ive only ever been in once.

OoohTrifle Fri 15-Feb-13 14:11:04

If you look for middle of nowhere on google maps I think you'll find it! There's about 8 houses and a lot of wondering quite how far the river will come up when it floods. BTW I went to York uni - I was one of the sweeter smelling great unwashed... smile

Indith Fri 15-Feb-13 14:33:48

I do love York. I don't think I could live their though, so crowded and the tourists would drive me mental. They are bad enough in Durham!

OoohTrifle Fri 15-Feb-13 15:09:00

Don't forget those pesky students Indith wink always in the pub and never studying!

LillethTheCat Fri 15-Feb-13 16:13:00

Id never move back to York now either. I shall stick to being a pesky tourist wink

Indith Fri 15-Feb-13 16:38:25

I came here as a student, course they annoy the hell out of me now grin.

Indith Fri 15-Feb-13 21:00:48

oh dear, supposed to be trying to night wean ds2 starting tonight. full gentle strategy sorted. dh the singer of twinkle twinkle and expert baby rocker ready but the baby has just woken with a terrible hacking cough and painful throat, screamed at him, demanded me and is currently latched on. hum. maybe next weekend.

Good luck! Hope a is better soon

Indith Sat 16-Feb-13 08:11:30

Well his throat seems a little better this morning after spending all night latched on. I have a sore throat and a headache. My husband is mucking around with a boat somewhere, my baby has no remorse and I can't even but beebies on so I can go shower because my bloody goody 2 shoes catholic child decided to give up TV for lent after I pointed out that candyfloss didn't count since he was unlikely to get offered any anyway.

[grumpy]

sad
Lol at W giving up candyfloss for Lent!

Indith Sat 16-Feb-13 08:57:57

grin I was rather amused. Last year he came up with all sorts of ideas including mushrooms and chocolate. This year he did actually understand when I said it should be something that is difficult for him to do, something that he likes. We came to a compromise that he would give up childrens television so can still watch rugby with dh otherwise we'd have to send him out whenever the tv is on! I need to look through the TV guide and record stuff that looks suitable like nature programmes or something we can watch together on these rowing mornings.

goldenretriever Sat 16-Feb-13 19:09:09

Ah, Indith, hope wee one is better. Unsuccessful at my interview. However, it was supposed to be covering County Durham with a lease car, but at interview turned out to be covering North of Tyne and not sure about the lease car... So was probably for the best. Our HR got inundated with hundreds of applications for our recent posts. Wouldn't have minded, but I got there after dealing with an unexpected flat tyre!

Anyone heard about a kerfuffle in Durham this morning? Police helicopters were all over. Takeaway and alcohol beckons...

Indith Sat 16-Feb-13 19:45:35

Sorry it didn't work out. Takeaway and alcohol sound like a plan!

Not heard anything about Durham.

Anyone up for softplay hell on Tuesday then?

Juney what other days can you do for cake as we really must see you! Just that half term not the best cake eating week. Cake will be needed to get us through but the thought of a cafe of any description with all the children is enough to make me turn to the gin. Roll on summer and Botanic Garden meets ups so the offspring can run wild and free while we eat the cake.

I'll do soft play hell on tues. I'll need to get out off the house with the three of them or I'll go mad. H can start a fight in an empty room at the moment. Add her brothers in and you'd think world war three had broken out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now