When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

Indith Fri 08-Feb-13 15:32:34

Hurrah!

Congratulations!

Excellent timing smile And sleep is always helpful!

KaraStarbuckThrace Fri 08-Feb-13 15:35:55

Squeeeeeeee! grin

Congratulations grin
Do you have a name?

Wooooooooo leggy grin

<cracks open the champers>

CremeEggThief Fri 08-Feb-13 16:50:20

Yay! Well done you. HUGE congrats! grin

LillethTheCat Fri 08-Feb-13 17:02:33

Congratulations Leggy.

Emandlu Fri 08-Feb-13 22:34:57

Congratulations!!

juneybean Fri 08-Feb-13 22:42:12

Congratulations!!

Grand mercis tous les mondes!

Currently far less tired than I have any right to feel. Living the day-dream that second baby would be mellow. I'm sure it'll last all of 48 hours...

KaraStarbuckThrace Sat 09-Feb-13 16:44:05

Yeah, I hate to tell you this but that was how Cara started out...

Indith Sat 09-Feb-13 16:51:45

smile

Ds2 slept really, really well until 4 month. He is still really mellow though.

Spiggy did I see that you got the free entry to Jumbo Jungle thing too on FB? Does anyone fancy a half term meet there? Jumbo Jungle in Consett.

All mine had a honeymoon period of about 2 weeks before they showed their true colours grin

Indith I got the free entry but not sure if I'll be able to make it sad. Think I'm only going to be free on the tues. I'm acting up for one of the next grade up in Feb so can't really take leave.

Indith Sat 09-Feb-13 17:24:29

Rubbish. Do you think they will count the weekends?

DS2 is in the throws of another developmental thing. Waking every bloody half hour.

We can askgrin

ds 2 has taken to demanding a feed at 5.30 but just sitting there chewing on my nipple instead of feeding. When I put him back down he screams blue murder until dh goes in to him. But he won't go back down for dh until he's tried feed. It's getting rather annoying

Indith Sat 09-Feb-13 18:00:56

Sounds like he and have been discussing tactics. Ds2 wakes, stands up, shouts, feeds for a few mins, fusses, chews, shouts, goes to dh to be walked to sleep. If we try to bypass the feed and just get dh to settle him he screams. If I try to just feed him to sleep and snuggle then he screams hmm.

goldenretriever Sun 10-Feb-13 10:32:40

Congratulations, Leggy - goes to look at Jumbo Jungle thing on fb...

Indith Sun 10-Feb-13 10:50:58

Not sure if it is on any more, you had to like and share a picture but they said they'd take it down after a certain number of likes. Everyone who shared would get put on a list for free entry over half term. Happy to share the love though and split the entry costs, half price would still be pretty good!

Or if I can't go then someone can pretend to be megrin

Indith, there are a couple of football free weekends coming up if you want to go shopping. I went to buy some new bras the other day. Went in a 30ff and came out a 28gg. I feel like a new woman one with substantial scaffolding round her chest and quite fancy some new clothes to show off the improved figuregrin

Indith Sun 10-Feb-13 12:23:00

I shall consult with dh.

juneybean Sun 10-Feb-13 12:43:04

Any one do cake on Tuesday 19th Feb? I don't mind where.

juneybean Sun 10-Feb-13 12:44:07

Or is that half term?

juneybean Sun 10-Feb-13 12:45:28

Oh it is, ignore me!

I think that's half term. I should be free on the Tues though.

Indith Sun 10-Feb-13 13:54:57

jumbo jungle on Tuesday then? or gibside for foodie Tuesday? or botanics but less indoor space fir this time if year. or slug as usual but there will be lots of children!

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 10-Feb-13 17:05:36

I shall try and make it, will swap CM to Monday and Thursday of that week, I have plans for the Wednesday but nothing else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now