When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

It was a bit of a shock to go from 3 days to 20 minsgrin . T's was a very leisurely 2 and a half hours. I do think H's was my fave though. It was such an intense but utterly amazing experience. Dh prefers T's, I was on a high after h but he had nightmares.sad

Indith Wed 06-Feb-13 19:55:16

That's pretty normal I think Spiggy. You zoned in on what your body was doing and were (mostly) in control, he will naturally have been rather panicked, worried and not sure what was going on.

A's is my fave labour, even though I had a major wobble hen dh said there was no pool! I was so in tune with my body, I just felt in complete control and utterly aware of all his movements in me, I really did just breathe him out. I could do it again and again prefectly happily.

I do remember having a moment of realisation that she was going to come whether I got to the hospital or not and that noone else realised that fact. I'd lost the power of speech by that point other than saying cunt a lot when the paramedic failed to produce the gas and air quickly enough so couldn't explain either. I knew then that I was going to be doing it on my owngrin Luckily I'd read an article on 999 calls a couple of weeks earlier and one was talking a woman through a bba so had a vague idea of what would help and then just handed all responsibility over to my body. Just grateful I didn't know that the chord was round get neck or I would have panicked which would not have been good...

Cord even. Stupid predictive text.

I still can't understand why the paramedic didn't realise how far gone I was until she was actually halfway out. Which I had to point out to him because he had his back to me and was telling dh we had plenty of time to get to the hospitalhmm . I didn't take up the ambulance services request that I do publicity on how their paramedic delivered my baby...

Indith Wed 06-Feb-13 20:15:29

grin

Yes one would have thought it would have been fairly obvious. ThoughI suppose they don't actually deal with that many, they tend to have the time wasters who jsut pretend to be in advanced labour for a free ride to hospital.

I did make the second paramedic cry. H was her first birth smile

Indith Wed 06-Feb-13 20:20:14

Aww

With t I remember thinking that I should have had a hospital birth. Followed about 10 second later with the though "ooh I want to be in hospital- that must mean I'm in transition". And I was.grin

<sniff> I do love giving birth.

Indith Wed 06-Feb-13 22:07:42

yeah giving birth is great. I'd quite like a week or so of being nicely pg with lovely kicks then a birth and first day snuggles. not heavily pg, the nice bit. no longer than a day post birth, don't want to lose more sleep or get sore nipples.

right I am about to into a meeting that will probably last all day. Can someone keep an eye on www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/a1678497-Why-is-Worra-Liberty-on-24-7-is-such-a-cunt

and tell me 1)why it has stayed there all night 2) what MNHQ were up to last night that they didn't notice it 3) what the deletion message is, as it is bound to have gone before I get out and I want to know what is going on grin

I always miss the good threads <grumble>

Well honestly, was kept awake from 2.30 am until nearly dawn by intermittent small contractions only for them to peter out by daytime! Now just sat on the sofa feeling generally tight in the tummy but no progress. I do hate ambiguity!

Did anyone else's babies wriggle around in between contractions? I don't remember T doing that in the early stages, whereas I had a lot of wriggles early this morning, so am wondering if they were just particularly strong, vaguely regular BHs instead.

Woo hoo sounds like things are happening!
Hi everyone smile

LillethTheCat Thu 07-Feb-13 11:02:01

<walks in tentatively>

Am I allowed to join even though technically I dont live in Durham, Teeside or Tyne and Wear? I do live in North Yorkshire very close to Co Durham. Darlington is my nearest town centre and Teeside is only 30 min drive away.

VikingLady directed me over here from my thread in chat.

Hi lilleth! Sounds like you might live near my in laws, they live half way between Darlington and northallerton?

LillethTheCat Thu 07-Feb-13 13:04:16

Sounds like it SPB I live just off Scotch Corner.

Indith Thu 07-Feb-13 16:49:57

It is all doing something Leggy, even if it just feels annoying <<shakes birthing pom poms>>

Spiggy if you've not yet seen it it says:

Message from MNHQ: This thread is being removed because the OP was a PITA. Obviously MNHQ were asleep last night following lots of gin and it has taken us and embarrassingly long time to remove this thread

By way of some sort of compensation please do click here and here

with the "here"s linking to the bat and terry's cock.

Wish I'd seen the thread!

Welcome Lilleth smile

Indith Thu 07-Feb-13 16:53:34

Anyone seen juney? Just directed someone here from local who is looking to move house. The rest of you may have some ideas too but I think Juney probably looked at a lot of the areas they are thinking about when she was house hunting.

I'm her friend on mfp, think she was around a couple if days ago, will send her a message

Thanks Indith, I wanted to know what happened cos I'm noseygrin

Woo leggy- t definitely moved/kicked before and during contractions. Hope there will be more need overnight or you are busy now

hello Lilith, welcome to the mad housesmile

I've been ice skating for the first time in years and my feet are killing me. I didn't fall over thoughgrin

Had my antenatal appt this aft - MW said head is 4/5ths palpable and contractions were probably trying to get head engaged, but it's not, soback to waiting...

Juney was on an AIBU recently (not hers!) so must be around a bit.

juneybean Thu 07-Feb-13 21:33:21

Hallu, sorry this fell off my threads I'm on!

We have gushy action! Why is it whenever a midwife tells me that I'm nowhere near ready for labour they're always wrong?!

Indith Fri 08-Feb-13 07:47:18

<<taps watch>> hope you are snuggling a baby this morning leggy smile smile

Woo leggy! Hope you are snuggling or very nearly theregrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now