When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Durham / Teeside / Tyne & Wear Meet up and random chat thread.

(895 Posts)
KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 29-Aug-12 21:44:36

Next meet up, Tuesday 4th September.
During the day, either Botanic Gardens in Durham or the Slug and Fiddle near the Gala Theatre in Durham City centre.

Now for some random chat.
DS sang a song about bolognaise today. And DD walked some more. But still prefers crawling and using my nipples as handholds on Mount Starbuck.

Indith Tue 01-Jan-13 19:05:00

sounds about right! does it have a time and place yet? I shall attempt to out it on the calendar.

Ooh that's getting a bit too organisedgrin prob slug around 10.30 ish? Unless leggy wants anything different <defers to the heavily pregnant one>

Yeah that suits me. Without having toworry about getting parked on the Science site afterwards, I will be freeto meet at anyoldtimeand place! Gives me time to pop into town afterdropping T offtoo.

On which note, her wierdspotsbecame v excema-like so finally on steroid cream which ishelping. Totally wrong locations for H,F&M and four doctors have agreed ir's nothing contagious so nursery, wedding and christmas went ahead as planned!

KaraStarbuckThrace Wed 02-Jan-13 16:05:44

wheelbirks Is this what you mean, Indith.
Definitely too far for me.

So we doing 21st, 10.30am at the Slug? Is that correct? Will see if M is free then as well.

I think so, yes.

Sounds like the 21st is sorted. It's ds1's birthday that day so we have even more excuse to eat cake shame he'll be at school grin

Indith that ice cream place is doable for us. When do you fancy it?

Indith Wed 02-Jan-13 17:27:55

Yup that's the one. The play area is super for the small ones.

Why don't we see about it for the next one? do 21st cake first! Lovely friend and sometime MN lurker will be going back to proper work soon after mat leave so maybe a last calorific blowout will be in order before work/uni etc. I've been semi attemtping to lure her to meet you lot, she'd have come on the Christmas do but was working.

Can't believe the boys are going to be 6 Spiggy! 6! I wrote all the invites for ds1's party today <sob>.

Right, I shall put the 21st on my calendar, sure I can make it.

Nooo! The boys will NOT be 6. They are ickle tiny babies. I shall not listen to such talk.

<sticks fingers in ears>

<hums tunelessly>

I feel old.

KaraStarbuckThrace Thu 03-Jan-13 16:37:38

I can't believe DS is 5 now. Has it really been that long??
I did get a bit sad when walking past the baby formula in asda as it hit me that I will never have a tiny baby again sad
Want DD to stay a baby grin

Indith Thu 03-Jan-13 16:45:16

Yeah, I don't want another baby really, I like seeing them grow up and become people an I love chatting to them about random shite and all the stuff that comes with growing up but bloody hell what wouldn't I do to pop back in a time machine once a week or so to just sit with one or other of them asleep on me as a newborn (or maybe 3 or 4 months old when a little more squishy) and just stay there for an hour breathing in their baby smell and enjoying the snuggly warmth.

Maybe this is where pushy grandparents come from?! Will we one day be the subject of AIBU threads about MILs who insist on taking the baby for a weekly cuddle? ;-)

DS1 had already announced that when HE is a daddy the children will be dropped off with us at the weekend so we can play with them.

Dh gave him this lookhmm don't think he was convinced!

KaraStarbuckThrace Fri 04-Jan-13 09:29:25

I'm totally demanding to have my grandbaby overnight at a week old. And feeding them Gregg's sausage rolls at 2 weeks wink

Indith Fri 04-Jan-13 09:45:10

my daughter and her future husband are both products of bf co sleeping families so I reckon that means they will rebel, ff and Gina so I should be able to steal the baby nice and early for lots of snuggles and totally ruin their routine grin

Found you! Happy new year everyone.
Indith am about to choose a mattress and will pm you.
Hope all ill people are better

Well that was a nice holiday where I got to put my feet up and relax. Oh apart from the bit where I ended up in work when I had leave booked. I may have spent the past 2 days moaning

Suggest some lovely decadent things I can do when I finally get to take some time off please. This bloody project is nearly finished and I'm going to treat myself. obviously sleep is on the list but I'm sure I can do moregrin

shock shock shock ds2 woke twice last night but settled without boob. I just had to hold his hand between the bars of the cot. He's been doing it for dh but this was the first time for me as he normally just demands milk.

Next task- persuade him that he doesn't need to wake at allgrin hmm

Indith Sun 06-Jan-13 12:07:16

great stuff spiggy! hope he improves from now on.

Dh dropped a plate on ds2's head yesterday and he still didn't bloody sleep.

Try dropping it harder next timegrin

On the downside T has turned into a right little git at bedtime because he wants to stay up and play till gone 8. And I won't agree. <evil mother>

Indith Mon 07-Jan-13 20:11:10

oh goodness i'm getting broody. someone knock some sense into me now!

juneybean Mon 07-Jan-13 20:16:51

You really don't want to have to defer your midwifery do you? DO YOU.

Indith Mon 07-Jan-13 20:18:20

No. Nor do I really want another child. Plus ds2 doesn't sodding sleep. But he isn't a snuggly newborn.....can someone lend me a newborn to snuggle please?

Leggy will have one soon enough for you to borrow grin

Indith Mon 07-Jan-13 21:40:00

very true grin.

I think my ovaries are getting sorrowful twinges at the thought of never doing it again. I read a little "I'm pregnant so excited" thread and nearly cried.

Indith you will soon have loads of newborns to cuddle deliver

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now