When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

DTisMYdoctor Sun 06-Oct-13 16:04:26

Do not ever let your children watch boomerang! Be warned, power rangers is on channel 5! grin

StitchingMoss Sun 06-Oct-13 16:18:03

Lol! Thanks for the warning <contemplates deleting channel 5> grin

Is Boomerang a channel or programme?

DTisMYdoctor Sun 06-Oct-13 16:23:10

A channel!

StitchingMoss Sun 06-Oct-13 16:25:08

grin I'm so out of touch!

LaGuerta Sun 06-Oct-13 17:54:38

Similarly my DS does know there are other channels but is under the 'illusion' blush that we don't have them. We don't have Sky so it's only really Citv that I am dodging. They do get 15 mins of Peppa on Milkshake on a school morning IF they are both ready for school. Even that has a dramatic impact on their consumerist tendencies. "I want this toy", "That's a girl toy" (DS2), to which DS1 parrots, "There aren't girl and boy toys just toys that different people like." blush (Always a bit embarrassing when you hear them repeating what you have said.
grin)

StitchingMoss Sun 06-Oct-13 18:09:12

Haha LG! We have these exact conversations! "There aren't girls' colours and boys' colours mummy, everyone can like any colour".

Totally relate to the consumerism - we avoid commercial telly completely in the Autumn hmm.

LaGuerta Tue 08-Oct-13 10:01:02

Frenemy update:

A slightly different take on things from her DS after school on Friday, albeit positive. They had all played as one team. That my DS had been kind and had helped him by getting her boy's conkers off a third child (who is a horror) for him. Here's the corker: that he would like my DS to come for a play date.

I don't want to have to start play dates with them. shock

Then Mum rounded off by saying, "It's just the trouble with boys." Or similar. <Grrr>

I remembered 20 mins ago that as it's a Tuesday it is a GBBO day. This made me feel disproportionately happy. smile

Gigondas Tue 08-Oct-13 15:31:10

I am excited too lag smile

No wise words apart from I would agree about keeping a distance from frenemy. Is it trickier to do that now you live in smallish place?

Luckily as I rarely do school run and find that big gig is in/out with different person each week I haven't had too much hassle (yet). Also new teacher seems stricter which seems to be working well for big gig.

Glad you are home stitching but don't overdo it.
Had lovely birthday weekend but must admit tired and arm sore after so resting up now .

StitchingMoss Tue 08-Oct-13 16:43:34

Step away from the play date!!!!! DS1 has nightmare child in his class, mum lovely, often makes noises about play dates, I just mumble something entirely non committal and change the subject. Think she's got the hint blush.

The "trouble with boys" shit makes me go batshit and I studiously avoid mothers like that anyway grin.

StitchingMoss Tue 08-Oct-13 16:44:21

Trying not to overdo it gig but v hard. Counting down the minutes til MIL goes home as she is stressing me out badly!

LaGuerta Tue 08-Oct-13 20:28:42

Sorry Gig, my phone seems to have stopped sending text messages this evening.

StitchingMoss Wed 09-Oct-13 17:38:24

Finally started a new thread - step this way girls!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now