When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

DTisMYdoctor Wed 04-Sep-13 18:23:46

Still not seen GBBO! Are you all back at school this week?

disguisedeb Wed 04-Sep-13 19:12:01

Hi everyone, I know I really value your opinion ....But.... we made an offer on the 2nd house and we've just had it accepted. Can;t quite believe it yet

DTisMYdoctor Wed 04-Sep-13 19:41:46

Exciting! I did say number 2 grin

LaGuerta Wed 04-Sep-13 20:23:22

Ooh exciting Deb. Fingers crossed for you. Only you know the house that is right for you. Hence the reason why I am sitting on the patio of a house that wouldn't sell for 2.5 years! grin

DS1 back at school in the morning. Feeling a bit hmm about it despite or perhaps because DS2 has been such a toe rag today wink. It's generally easier to keep DS2 on the straight and narrow when he has his big bro around to play with.

If I wasn't so inherently lazy I think homeschooling would be a nice way to have more time with DS1. wink

DS2 is starting preschool although only 2 mornings per week until Christmas. He is v excited about it. He has also <whispers> cracked potty training I think. gringringringrin

So, in summary our summer holidays went:

Wk1 chickenpox DS2
Wk2 chickenpox DS1
Wk3 holidaying with PILs
Wk4 potty training
Wk5 DS1 mystery minor virus
Wk6 DS2 mystery chesty cough

Despite this it has really been quite good. wine

Gigondas Wed 04-Sep-13 21:45:57

That is exciting deb- let us know when hear more. It's a lovely house smile.

Lag can you not lock ds2 in cupboard and pretend its the Harry potter experience if gets too much?

StitchingMoss Wed 04-Sep-13 22:26:15

How exciting Deb grin! I agree with LG, only you know what's right for you. Our house was similarly dismissed for months by lots of other buyers but we love it smile.

I'm with you on the returning to school thing LG - DS1 goes back tomorrow and I'm actually feeling quite melancholy about it, not to mention not looking forward to rushing around in the mornings again after 6 weeks of pjs til 11am blush. DS2 is back at pre-school tomorrow too, but will miss his big brother desperately on Friday. Also he's sad because loads of his pre-school buddies start school tomorrow and he's desperate to be with them sad. Not sure how drop off is going to go tbh . . .

Right, have a teddy bears' picnic to organise grin.

StitchingMoss Wed 04-Sep-13 22:26:51

Oh, and new thread? Something that will last us a whole year as we don't exactly fill them up fast grin!

disguisedeb Wed 04-Sep-13 23:23:13

Thanks everyone

LaG - I'm surprised that your dh having a mystery illness didn't occur in your holiday rundown! The house is down the same road that we lived on when you came to see us, in the VERY cold bungalow, and you thought it was inthe middle of nowhere.

Good taste DT!

DTisMYdoctor Wed 04-Sep-13 23:35:21

I think so Deb grin Have major house envy!

Gigondas Sun 08-Sep-13 08:43:33

Lovely meet up with stitching . Poor mr stitching got stuck at home with poorly ds2 so they missed rugby with dh and the little gigs. Big gig loved going with big stitching but is very tired today.

Loved the wedding photos dt.

StitchingMoss Sun 08-Sep-13 11:58:48

Morning all - had such a lovely time yesterday Gig, and DS1 didn't sleep on the way home after all, he chatted non stop about his rugby experience grin and wore his 'hand' all the way home!

There's a little pressie winging it's way to Mini Gig by way of a thank you grin. (I know I should have bought something for Mr Gig instead but it's so much more fun shopping for a 1 year old grin!).

DT, the pics were lovely - you looked absolutely stunning smile. Hope you all had a fab time, it certainly looked like it.

How is everyone else? Any home news Deb?

StitchingMoss Sun 08-Sep-13 11:59:49

Oh and Gig, DS1 is also incredibly tired and not being great - still stuck in with illness, it's going to be a long day! grin

DTisMYdoctor Sun 08-Sep-13 18:35:54

Hi everyone. Glad fun was had at the rugby but a wee shame your DS2 missed out Stitching. The pics were cute.

Wedding was fab. There'll be more to come eventually but we didn't get many on account of being too busy with wedding party duties grin DSis had a great day.

Pretty lazy here apart from that. DS finally really getting the hang of his balance bike and today discovered the thrill of riding downhill with his feet in the air. I must confess that my heart was in my mouth!!!!! Almost ready for a pedal bike I think.

DTisMYdoctor Mon 09-Sep-13 11:00:55

To revisit bike chat from the other week - we've now been offered a second hand 14" cnoc so now have DS's next two bikes! grin Now I just need to get FIL to store one for us...

LaGuerta Tue 10-Sep-13 18:25:27

Hello, hello

Just getting ready for GBBO tonight. It's pie night for the uninitiated. smile biscuit (looks as much like a pie as a biscuit) Getting ready involves making damn sure that bath time starts on time.

Deb - you are right it is remarkable that DH did dodge all major lurgies, but not until he had been reassured by MIL that he had chicken pox as a child. wink

Glad the wedding and the rugby were good at the weekend.

DS2 started preschool yesterday. Only two mornings a week this term. It was nice and also odd to have a few hours in my own. He enjoyed it though and wants to go back.

Gigondas Wed 11-Sep-13 06:47:58

Gbbo most enjoyable especially as lag and I offered our usual text commentary.

Glad that ds2 ok at preschool. How is ds2 now stitching?

Dt- loved wedding pics. Sounds like ds really getting into his bike. Cant say that big gig is tho I have to say she is very keen on reading and trying to read in bed by herself so maybe she is going to be a book worm like I was. I didn't learn to ride a bike til I was 9 blush.

Deb- how are things? Any house news?

We are off to Paris this weekend which will be fab. Can celebrate fact that have put all weight I lost since diagnosis which is great news.

DTisMYdoctor Sun 15-Sep-13 17:08:59

Hope you're having a nice time in Paris Gig.

LaG - glad to hear that DS2 is enjoying pre-school, hope you enjoy the free time. I enjoyed brunch while reading my kindle while DS was in a class on Saturday - it was bliss!

Gigondas Thu 19-Sep-13 16:52:19

Had a lovely time in Paris but feeling quite tired this week. Think it may be as coming off steroids .

Watched gbbo late lag as was out on Tuesday- same two still annoy me (Rebecca and Frances).

StitchingMoss Sun 22-Sep-13 20:06:29

Evening all, sorry I've been AWOL - it's been a rollercoaster of a fortnight sad. I found out two weeks ago that I was pg again, a holiday baby. After the initial shock we were both thrilled and started to plan the realities of having a third - sadly I started to m/c on Weds sad.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Gig, hope you had a restful day and Mini Gig wasn't being too much of a pickle.

DT, the pics of the wedding were gorgeous - you lucky things!

<waves to LG and Deb>

DTisMYdoctor Sun 22-Sep-13 20:55:01

Oh Stitching, sending the biggest hugs your way xxx

Gigondas Sun 22-Sep-13 20:56:50

Stitching am so sorry about mc -hugs for you and dh.

Agree tho that wedding looked fab dt.

DTisMYdoctor Mon 23-Sep-13 09:01:07

Yes, wedding was absolutely amazing. Lots of fun.

Hope you're doing ok Stitching.

StitchingMoss Mon 23-Sep-13 14:28:09

Where was DS for the weekend then? smile

I'm doing ok - definitely in my "angry" stage of grief today blush. Have a scan tomorrow as I'm wanting a D&C and they need to scan me first and also double check pg is not ectopic as that has still not been ruled out sad. It's all shit.

Dh has flown to Paris for work today too and is not back til Friday - brilliant timing hmm.

LG, loved your FB singing thread - I had no idea you were so musical! shock You and your friend might as well have been talking Russian for all I understand of it - gutted I won't be able to teach my two boys to be musical but seriously, I am utterly tone deaf grin!

DTisMYdoctor Mon 23-Sep-13 14:44:58

At grandparents. We couldn't possibly have taken him out of school. wink

That's really rubbish re your DH's trip. Can anyone go with you for the scan?

StitchingMoss Mon 23-Sep-13 14:48:58

grin no, of course not! How lovely to have a child free weekend too!

Scan is 8.45am so can't get anyone to go with me as they all have school drop offs to do - lucky enough to get a kind friend to take both my boys from 7.45am and take them to school for me so I have enough time to get into town, park and get to scan. Not ideal but the outcome of the scan is not going to be a shock and the op won't be tomorrow so just need to man up and get on with it blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now