When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

LaGuerta Fri 19-Jul-13 11:36:39

Just checking in. I have had a long absence. Time is just flying by at the moment.

DT - your DS will now grow two inches before school starts. wink

We finish on Wednesday. The classes for yr1 have been announced. They muddle the children up across 3 classes and then stick with those groups till they leave at the end of yr6. DS1 has a really nice group as far as I can tell. We dodged the people I wanted to dodge blush like the frenemy you may remember and also super-competitive mum. He will also have. MALE teacher shock. Which is great assuming he is a good teacher given all the stuff about boys needing positive male role models.

Gotta dash - at the swings and DS2 is calling.

DTisMYdoctor Fri 19-Jul-13 19:59:23

Don't joke about such things LaG! Glad the Y1 class has worked out for you. One of DS's two teachers will be male - fairly young and not qualified long - I'm really pleased about that too.

What we all up to at the weekend?

LaGuerta Fri 19-Jul-13 21:53:13

Ferrying ds1 to 2 birthday parties on Saturday: yay.

Sunday will involve a hose pipe, two small boys and the garden.

disguisedeb Sat 20-Jul-13 11:19:36

Finally made it through to the holidays!!What a relief.

Stefan was off for a week but then much better and he's noisily back to normal!

Glad to hear about some men in Early years, as long as they're good!

I have concerns about Ethan being ready for Y1 too. He's been in a foundation stage unit and is moving to y1/y2 class so very different expectations

Completely agree about quick goodbyes, teachers and TA's are skilled at distracting your children quickly !!
DT, has ds had transition afternoons or visits to his new school? My new group have had 4 afternoons where parents could stay in classroom or go and have coffee in staffroom, then they had 1.5 days without parents. All OK so far, but come September I've also got 4 new nursery starters....gulp!

Ruby the dog is settling in but has started to chew so can't be left alone! Taking her to the beach on Monday so that should be good. Having Ruby for such a short length of time means holiday plans are put on hold though. Not sure what we're doing really.Today I'm just enjoying doing nothing .

DTisMYdoctor Thu 25-Jul-13 22:51:51

He just had the one visit Deb, but I think we get to stay around for a bit on day one.

Hope you're all having a good holiday so far, though I saw you've been invaded by illness LaG. Hope DS isn't too poorly.

Not much to report on here, we've had a shitty few weeks (holiday aside) but I won't bore you all with that. Manic couple of months coming up, but lots of things to look forward too so mustn't grumble!

DTisMYdoctor Sat 27-Jul-13 16:25:54

<tumbleweed> grin

In other news, I'm nervous about planning a trip to legoland in October in case the weather is terrible, but still thinking of coming to London that w/e so still a potential meet up option? Though of course could book trip to London, go to Legoland if weather ok, somewhere in London if not?

Considering an alternative trip to Legoland in May next year (w/e of 17th/18th) and maybe having a night in the legoland hotel...

DTisMYdoctor Sat 27-Jul-13 16:26:55

Bizarre, I posted <tumbleweed> before my grin and it disappeared!

DTisMYdoctor Sat 27-Jul-13 16:27:14

<tumbleweed>

DTisMYdoctor Sat 27-Jul-13 16:28:50

Ah, I finally found out, totally accidentally, how to do a blank post.

If you type tumbleweed and put it inside <> it posts blank.

PeoplesRepublicOfBerkshire Sun 28-Jul-13 19:35:59

<tumbleweed>

PeoplesRepublicOfBerkshire Sun 28-Jul-13 19:37:18

Hmm, didn't work for me!

London or Legoland would be fine with us DT, we'll keep that weekend free and decide nearer the time smile.

Busy, busy, busy with keeping boys entertained at mo - having a great holiday so far (including a lovely day with Gig on Friday) but this weather is helping no end!

DTisMYdoctor Sun 28-Jul-13 19:44:36

Ah but it did work for you, I can see your blank post grin

DTisMYdoctor Sun 28-Jul-13 19:45:12

Don't mention the weather - torrential rain for us today angry

PeoplesRepublicOfBerkshire Sun 28-Jul-13 19:46:59

That's weird - its says tumbleweed to me! confused

I know I sound like a stuck record, but you need to move south to raise your Vit D levels! grin wink

DTisMYdoctor Mon 29-Jul-13 00:11:55

Weird - I'm seeing blank post on iPhone app.

But if I moved south I'd miss the Fringe grin

PeoplesRepublicOfBerkshire Mon 29-Jul-13 09:00:47

Fringe vs good weather?

I know which I'd choose grin!

DTisMYdoctor Mon 29-Jul-13 12:05:48

Gosh, I must fix that broken record wink

There are other things we'd miss if we moved South - a selection of overnight babysitters for start! grin

PeoplesRepublicOfBerkshire Mon 29-Jul-13 12:33:58

Lol! You know I'm only teasing grin!

How are the hols going?

DTisMYdoctor Mon 29-Jul-13 13:04:37

I know grin

It's not really like hols for us, DS still at nursery but this is his last week then 2 weeks until school starts shock

PeoplesRepublicOfBerkshire Mon 29-Jul-13 17:45:40

Wow! Is he excited yet?

DTisMYdoctor Mon 29-Jul-13 18:08:37

No! hmm

PeoplesRepublicOfBerkshire Mon 29-Jul-13 20:46:50

Oh bless him. It's a big step - DS1 needed a lot of reassurance about a lot of things when he started.

Got anything planned for his last two weeks of freedom smile?

DTisMYdoctor Mon 29-Jul-13 22:16:26

I'm hoping thinking it's nothing to do with school, he's just in a huff because he's leaving his nursery pals. Busy couple of weeks for him - a wee holiday for me and DH at his GPs, Fringe, some time with me, some time with DH and family visiting. Hopefully he'll have forgotten all about nursery once that's all done! grin

PeoplesRepublicOfBerkshire Mon 29-Jul-13 22:19:32

Are none of his nursery pals going to school with him?

We're having a break while boys at GPs too grin!

DTisMYdoctor Mon 29-Jul-13 23:13:11

No, none at all. He goes to nursery in town - no-one else is from round our way. It is a bit of a shame for him.

Yay for GP holidays! Doing anything nice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now