When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

Gigondas Tue 16-Apr-13 10:23:18

This place in Twickenham nice bar or teddington.

Sorry to miss you . Am doing ok and trying to pack for hospital - check in tomorrow night.

LaGuerta Tue 16-Apr-13 20:22:29

Thanks for remembering. Hope you are ok. Xx

Gigondas Wed 17-Apr-13 07:07:14

Nervous about op (go in tonight for tomorrow) but ok that aside.

DTisMYdoctor Wed 17-Apr-13 22:41:20

Good luck tomorrow Gig. Hope you get a decent sleep tonight. Will try and tweet about more interesting things than the ironing to help keep you entertained wink

LaGuerta Wed 17-Apr-13 22:47:07

Just dropping in to send you lots of love and positive vibes Gig. (((Hug)))

Anyone care to be distracted with tales DS2's potty training progress (or lack thereof)....??? No? That's fair enough really wink

disguisedeb Thu 18-Apr-13 11:49:28

Thinking about you today Gig ((((hugs))))

DomesticCEO Thu 18-Apr-13 11:49:50

Yes please LG! grin

Gigondas Thu 18-Apr-13 12:38:19

Still waiting to go in - dt when do you hear about schools in your area? Seems to be deadline time in England today.

LaGuerta Thu 18-Apr-13 14:12:30

Well seeing as you asked Domestic:

So this day 5 of a Gina Ford style "once you lose the nappy you only put it back on for sleep times" approach.

Positives:
He seems to have good bladder control.
If I take him to the toilet will happily sit down and produce whatever wee is available.
He can last up to two hours without a wee. So trips out are fine - music this morning, swimming, school run.
He is very happy about the whole thing, proud of his pants etc.
He seems to be dry after naps and possibly in the morning too, although I am a bit sleepy then to really check it out.
He will wee on the toilet with a trainer seat.

Negatives
He has yet to ask to use the potty for wees.
We are getting a few wee accidents each day.
All poos have been in his pants plus two poos in a nappy over the week.
No attempt to get poos in a potty.

I think I should persist, although I can't see the poo situation getting better soon.

Advice anyone??

DomesticCEO Thu 18-Apr-13 16:06:25

Hmm, tough one. Personally I would give up and try again in a couple of months. DS1 was like this at 2 1/2 and then at 2 3/4 got it within 24 hrs. But I know I'm very lucky that with both of my boys we never had any poo accidents - that I could not have coped with blush.

LaGuerta Thu 18-Apr-13 17:29:20

You might be right. Since posting we had the first poo in a potty albeit v small. Yay a breakthrough?? Then half way through tea I detected a bad smell in DS2's vicinity and realised he had gone in his pants and not even mentioned it. And I hadn't noticed when I put him in his chair. blush

What I might do is carry on tomorrow, then hand over to DH at the weekend as I am away Saturday night, and see what conclusions he comes to. I.e. does he give up within a couple of hours of me leaving the house. Is that too evil grin?

DomesticCEO Thu 18-Apr-13 17:32:46

grin grin grin

That sounds like a great plan!

DTisMYdoctor Thu 18-Apr-13 22:48:51

LaG - in your heart do you feel he's ready? DS never really did the potty - he pretty much went to a trainer seat on the loo. Is he telling you when he needs a wee? It took a few weeks to crack poos to be honest, we had to watch out for tell-tale facial signs! grin

Gig - no school news yet! Next few days I think. I hope everything has gone ok today, been thinking of you X

DomesticCEO Fri 19-Apr-13 19:03:15

Sorry, shld have updated! Gig's dh texted this morning to say she was conscious and talking. Op went well by all accounts and no need for more surgery next week smile.

disguisedeb Sat 20-Apr-13 22:01:21

Domestic thanks for the update

DTismydr - I love this sentence "It took a few weeks to crack poos to be honest"

LaG - I'd leave it for another couple of months, but trying dh with it is also a good plan!

DomesticCEO Sun 21-Apr-13 21:07:42

So how did dh's potty training go then LG? wink

DomesticCEO Sun 21-Apr-13 21:08:12

Ooops, I mean your dh potty training DS2 of course, not his own potty training! blush grin

LaGuerta Sun 21-Apr-13 21:33:41

Ha! V funny.

Just got back in from 30 hours away.

Sounds as though the potty training has not gone well. in my absence DS2 has started refusing to even sit on the potty today. In the hour before bed there were 2 poos and a big wee, all accidents. I've asked shall I put him back in a nappy tomorrow. DH replied that if I put DS2 in a nappy tomorrow he will take a very dim view of it after all his efforts for 2 days. NB I was away from 3pm Sat till 9pm Sun, so not exactly the whole weekend.

Ah well, I think I will give DS2 the option of a nappy in the morning and take it from there.

DomesticCEO Sun 21-Apr-13 21:36:45

hmm at dh's martyrdom!! grin

Personally, I would give up and try again in June.

Did you have a nice weekend?

LaGuerta Sun 21-Apr-13 23:04:45

Yes very nice thanks. Saw lovely uni friends and had a good catch up over 4 bottles of fizzy stuff. Nice food, then as walk this morning. After lunch I drove to see my cousins which was great as I could chat to the grown ups properly for once as I was on my own and not wrangling little people.

DomesticCEO Sun 21-Apr-13 23:15:19

Sounds lovely smile.

I'm home alone (i.e. sans husband) this week so really must go to bed - am crap at sleeping alone! blush

DomesticCEO Tue 23-Apr-13 09:11:54

I've done it again? blush

<trips over tumbleweed on her way out> wink

Gigondas Tue 23-Apr-13 09:23:46

No you haven't. I posted yesterday but it got lost.
Laughing at DS's antics potty training lag- didn't DS to call you real issues when you will potty training CEO?

I see from Fb DT that DS has a school place. That's great news.

Thanks all for the lovely gifts in writing hospital-they were very welcome. I'm doing ok but incredibly sore. Oh and big gig is playing up being disobedient at school (she has done this before) to add to the fun. Keep your fingers crossed that will be out at weekend.

LaGuerta Tue 23-Apr-13 12:18:31

Hey Gig! Great to hear from you. I'm not surprised you're sore. Here's some metaphorical wine to keep you going.

Sorry big Gig is being tricky. sad

Still trying to rehabilitate DS2 into using the potty. Whatever happened when I was away must have been pretty traumatic for both of them! I have tried to put him back in nappies but he refuses. It's not too bad - one accident all day yesterday.

Other exciting news here is that I am attempting to apply for a job today shock. Fear not, it's for something that I'm not qualified for so no real risk of actually getting employed. Seriously though, after much soul searching, I think I am ready to go back to work. I flipping loath writing covering letters and cvs.

Anyway, I need to get DS2 asleep so that I can finish it off as the closing date is today. He is looking active in the garden, so it could be a challenge.

DTisMYdoctor Tue 23-Apr-13 19:25:22

Hi gig, thanks for checking in to let us know how you are doing! Sorry you're sore and hope you're getting help with the pain.

Yes, school place sorted! It's not an amazing school, but best available to us and the Head has a great reputation.

Apols for not posting much of late, lots going on here at the mo which I'll update you all on when I can, but I do keep checking in for potty training exploits and to make sure CEO hasn't killed the thread wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now