When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

DomesticCEO Sat 06-Apr-13 20:51:26

I've killed it again, haven't I? wink

Gigondas Sat 06-Apr-13 20:57:24

Yep it's always you wink.

Am in to hospital on Monday for first bit of op- had long chat with consultant and although it is a major op(s) ,basically have to remove tumour damage and rebuild my neck, it is worth doing as I am in good health which is nice to hear.

Also meant I didn't get too offended by mad mil who rang and told me"basically I was an old crock." Basically I won't be doing anything I don't have to for you , you rude old bag (dementia my arse - that's just rude). Dh missed this gem as has been out at grand national this day.

Monday is only an overnight prep procedure (to sort veins in neck so easier to operate). Am hoping dr will say can go and about within reason til proper op as dh got week off (were meant to be on holiday) so nice to do things (including seeing CEO). I am so much happier since doc fixed my pain relief at beg of week.

Dt I am rivalling you in faffing and not studying.

DomesticCEO Sat 06-Apr-13 21:42:43

shock shock at your MIL!!! What a cow!

Good to hear doc and pain relief has all helped you feel better. Looking forward to seeing you and the girls on Thursday smile. Do you know when your 'proper' op is going to be and what that will mean in terms of hospital stays? I will have to organise some visits and bore you to tears entertain you with my witty repartee grin.

Re: MIL, I was telling LG about my MIL's latest classic - spent 10 mins on Monday regaling me with stories of her friend's DIL who is "fantastic" apparently. "She's a fantastic DIL, absolutely fantastic, she's sooo lucky. Lovely, fantastic". (yes, she did say fantastic 3 times!!!!! grin hmm).
"[friend] doesn't have to lift a finger when she goes to stay, doesn't have to take anything, and she gets on sooo well with her. She's so lucky".

Background: every fecking time MIL comes to stay she brings tons of bloody food, does my bloody head in! But now she has the cheek to make out she would starve to death if she didn't bring this stuff and that her friend is soooo lucky not to have to bring anything when she comes to stay! I've said to dh that that is it, she brings food no more - I can just imagine her telling all her friends what a lazy bitch her DIL is and how she doesn't even feed her and she has to bring all her own food hmm.

Rant over!

Who enjoyed the amazing weather today? smile

LaGuerta Sun 07-Apr-13 19:28:02

Hey Gig best wishes for tomorrow. I will be thinking about you. shock At your MIL.

Very chilled weekend here, pottering in the house and garden. No visitors wink, nice weather. Got to chop an over grown shrub back which is always therapeutic. So all v good. smile

This week coming I have my parents arriving for a few nights, decorator and carpenter turning up hopefully, playdate and tea here with DS1's identical twin boy best friends from school which will be lively and require wine certainly after but maybe even during, and <drum roll>, we are going to see Chris and Pui from CBeebies live!!

Right, must go and address the ironing mountain.

Gigondas Sun 07-Apr-13 19:30:41

Thanks lag- had lovely quiet day here too. Will post when I can but not sure there is wireless or what deal is tomorrow.

DomesticCEO Mon 08-Apr-13 19:34:48

Hi guys, Gig's op has been delayed until tomorrow as an emergency bumped her off the list sad.

I'll keep you posted x

disguisedeb Mon 08-Apr-13 23:31:32

Hi all

Gig, hope op goes Ok tomorrow

Hi to everyone else. After I posted on Easter Sunday we heard that NIgel's Uncle had died after being in hospital for 8 weeks. It was a blessing really but sad for the family. So NIgel went early to be with his mum, I spent a day with my Dad and he didn't mention us buying the house he doesn't approve of once. The next day we instructed the solicitors - Yes we are buying the house !!!!!!! Then I took Lisa to station to go back to Germany, Then went off to Mil's to cheer her up, then to my Mum's, thankfully Ethan started feeling a little better(he had been 39 degrees on easter sunday), so Nigel and I didn't feel too guilty leaving the 3 boys for 2 nights and we went to nice hotel for lovely relaxing time. Nigel spent first night full of ethan's lurgy with hot/cold/shakes etcc through the night, and the next night ill with the gallstones. In between we did have a lovely time, pool, jacuzzi, sauna, no children wink Today returned home via mil's to bring her back here to have change of scenery before funeral, which we are going back to scunthorpe for on Friday.

All in all a quite eventful holiday so far... oh yes knew there was something else, bil admitted to hospital this morning with suspected meningitis but discharged now as they don't know what it is.

disguisedeb Tue 09-Apr-13 23:51:20

any news on Gig?

DomesticCEO Wed 10-Apr-13 07:27:23

Sorry Deb, Gig's dh texted me last night to say op went well and she's in recovery until this morning smile.

Sounds you had an eventful holiday!

What fab news about the house - you guys must be sooooo excited! Has your dad explained why he doesn't want you to buy the house?

LaGuerta Thu 11-Apr-13 17:36:32

Just checking in to get back on my threads.

What a holiday Deb! Exciting about the house and something to look forward to.

Gig - hope you are ok and cancer home soon.

LaGuerta Thu 11-Apr-13 19:23:59

Oh dear. What a typo. Sorry Gig. blush

Gigondas Thu 11-Apr-13 19:35:08

grinAt typo- home tomorrow . Op went well but was quite traumatic and I feel totally wiped out by it. Partly as wasnt expecting it to be such a big del

DomesticCEO Thu 11-Apr-13 21:20:06

Hi all, been worn out after a morning looking after 3 kids on my own grin - hats off to you Deb!! grin wink

Took my gorgeous oldest goddaughter to the park with the boys and then went to the biggest soft play place I have ever seen with Gig's dh and kids grin. It was huge!!

Have to say though I was more impressed with the fact that Gig's dh's car parks itself!!!! shock shock grin

Gig, hope you get a good night's sleep and are home as soon as possible tomorrow xxxx

Gigondas Sat 13-Apr-13 08:04:29

Back Home now and feeling all the better for it. Was much more traumatic than should have been mainly cos felt wasnt properly told what to expect (was presented as overnight procedure - not a 5 day thing).

Big gig loved her day with fairy god mother as did mini gig who was very impressed with the boys. It was almost worth being in hospital to avoid soft play grin. Dh loves the parking gismo on the bus car and liked being able to get back seats up.

Deb yay re house and break but sorry about uncle. Are boys back to school this week?

Lag - how you been?

Dt- I saw on fb you had bit of a car knock. Hope you and ds ok as sounded a bit shock (and like other driver completely in the wrong).

disguisedeb Sat 13-Apr-13 10:33:06

Back home now,

glad all ok Gig but like you say a 5 day stay in hospital wasn't expected was it?

car that parks itself - wow!

DomesticCEO Sat 13-Apr-13 12:32:11

Gig, I forgot to tell you that your dh offered to let me have the car keys so I could take Big Gig and the boys out in the morning!! It was enough being trusted with your eldest daughter and your house without the responsibility of the car too!!!! grin

Although if I had crashed it I could always have blamed the car grin.

How are u now you're back at home?

DT, how are you?

DTisMYdoctor Sat 13-Apr-13 13:20:01

Gig really glad you're home. Been thinking about you all week but not had time to post.

Will try and catch up later - en route to a birthday party by cab due to lack of car though courtesy car being delivered as I type. DS and I fine following car accident - someone drove into the side of my car. Bit shaken up but no injuries thankfully!

Gigondas Sat 13-Apr-13 13:35:59

I am actually good- bit stiff (this has been issue for few weeks cos am less mobile) but been up and about normally . Think it proves that being in hospital longer than needed and stuffed full of drugs does no one any good.

Glad no serious hurt to you or ds dt but grr about replacement car.

I am hearing lots about the big day out CEO including fact it was news to big gig you have to cook chicken grin.

LaGuerta Sat 13-Apr-13 18:35:40

Good to hear you are back home. Sorry you had a horrid time in hospital though Gig.

Sorry DT about the car accident.

Please remind me to NEVER EVER commence potty training with PMT and DH at home ever again. grin I could very happily pick up the car keys and sod off for a day or two. <that's a joke don't start worrying> grr.

Not even sure what exactly is doing my head in or whether it is justifiable. For example I asked DH if he could try and fix a drawer in DS1's room whilst DS2 asleep and I was at Tescos. He responds, "Oh I wanted to 'think' about what to get for my Mum's 70th." Clearly thinking and fixing can't happen at the same time. Anyway, I got home from Tescos to find a naked howling DS2 and a traumatised DH after a major poo incident. shock

DomesticCEO Sat 13-Apr-13 19:28:59

Oh yes, chicken gate grin wink!

Big Gig: Please can I have a chicken sandwich?
<sandwich arrives>
Big Gig: CEO, the chicken is cooked?
CEO: er, yes, BG, you can't eat uncooked chicken!
BG: yes you can!
DS1: yes you can mummy!
CEO: er, no you can't! It would make you ill.
DS1 & BG: no it wouldn't!

<and so on> grin

Glad you're ok DT, and DS x

LG, grin at not being able to think and fix at the same time!

Gig, you sound much happier already smile. Hope you've had a lovely day x

DomesticCEO Sat 13-Apr-13 19:32:38

this is for you Deb grin

Although Gig's dh didn't touch the car at all!

Gigondas Sat 13-Apr-13 19:43:08

He was most impressed that got to demonstrate the park assist and use of back seat. For someone who has had a load of fancy cars, I honestly think the bus gives him more pleasure for its practicality.

shockconfusedAnd wine for potty training- am confused as to why you can't sort a drawer and think of gifts too lag.

Yep feel so much better for being home- also trying to prepare for big stay and make it as bearable as possible.

LaGuerta Sat 13-Apr-13 20:14:31

Thanks for the wine. It is a G&T and it has already been sunk.

When are you back in? I ask because I am staying near your home next weekend and was wondering whether you are around/would like a visitor for a quick coffee. Probably Saturday morning but maybe Sunday morning if that suits better. I would be child free.

Gigondas Sat 13-Apr-13 21:27:42

Oh no sad- I am going in on weds night so won't be around as in for 2 weeks. That is such a shame. However can suggest a lovely place for brunch in Twickenham or teddington if you want a child free mooch with papers or a book.

LaGuerta Sat 13-Apr-13 22:08:08

That's a shame that you aren't at home. So long in hospital too hmm.

Brunch suggestion welcome although I will most likely be outvoted by those who know the area better. I have 2 college friends in Teddington who have by chance ended up buying houses on roads perpendicular to each other (they are friends with each other too!) One of them is pg so we are invited to stay at hers whilst her DH is on a stag as a last girls' weekend pre motherhood.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now