When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

TheJanuaryProject Thu 10-Jan-13 18:57:17

Ready meals from m&s and takeaways for them then LaG!

How's everyone's week? I'm shattered after nearly a full week back at work! The Christmas holidays seem a long time ago now...

I have lots to look forward through in the coming months so quite excited about that! Not very impressed with reports of a cold snap coming though...

LaGuerta Thu 10-Jan-13 21:00:12

I am shattered too but don't have work as an excuse. More to do with my children not sleeping very well choosing to appraise me of this repeatedly for the last few nights.

What are you looking forward to?

I am looking forward to getting the kitchen done (obviously), but also hopefully to going skiing in March, as soon as we can leave the house without leaving builders unsupervised. I am toying with the idea of trying camping with the boys this summer. Initially in the back garden. smile

TheJanuaryProject Thu 10-Jan-13 22:02:22

Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep. I'm very sympathetic to people who are sleep deprived because of their children!

Looking forward to birthday parties (mine and friends grin), weddings (home and abroad gringrin), planning trips to visit friends and a summer holiday in France grin. And not studying gringringrin.

Skiing in March sounds fun, though for me, camping is about as appealing as panto is for Domestc wink. I know lots of people love it though, and it's exciting for kids.

TheJanuaryProject Mon 14-Jan-13 13:48:44

<looks in>

Gigondas Mon 14-Jan-13 19:12:42

Waves lethargically at January. Can I just say that as someone who hates panto and camping - have done both in lat two years and they weren't that bad.

Mini gig is one on Saturday so getting ready for that. Also got next check up so fingers and these crossed that can escape treatment for another few months. Can't think much beyond that which is in a week.

Disappointment at lack of snow from big gig.

TheJanuaryProject Mon 14-Jan-13 22:15:58

<waves back>

When's your check up Gig? Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for that.

No snow here really; a fair bit fell yesterday, but it didn't lie and we've had none today. I'm very pleased grin

DomesticCEO Mon 14-Jan-13 22:22:50

Hi, I'm here - had a tough few days and feel a bit wrung out. Will try and post tomorrow x

LaGuerta Mon 14-Jan-13 22:39:58

Hello

Good wishes and positive vibes for the next set of tests Gig.

Sorry that you have had a rought time CEO. I assume I know why from your FB timeline. sad

The builders started today. They have knocked down alot of my house shock. There is now a significant pile of rubble in the front garden. Apart from one alarming moment when the floor under my feet started flexing I think it is going ok.

The other drama was DH dropping DS2 from his shoulders onto the floor on his head in the co-op on Saturday. DS2 had a bump and cried alot but was fine eventually. Now if you say to DS2, "Is there a bump?" he points to where is was and says, "Daddy." Needless to say, words were exchanged between DH and I on the matter. angry

TheJanuaryProject Mon 14-Jan-13 22:59:40

hmm CEO.

Poor DS, LaG. He must have got a fright!

DomesticCEO Tue 15-Jan-13 12:46:09

You're right LG sad.

Did you mean to give me a hmm JP?? blush

Can't wait to see pics of the house LG - or house itself once finished!! shock at the dropping incident - it always scares me when I or dh have DS2 on our shoulders, especially as he's such a wriggler blush. Glad it was all ok - that's a long way to fall!!

Supposed to be finishing work in 2 1/2 weeks but my boss sidled up to me today and asked me if I was interested in doing some consultancy grin. If it's proper consultancy with proper consultancy rates then I'd be mad to turn it down tbh. Bugger!

Oh and DB has set a date for his wedding, which is very excited smile.

TheJanuaryProject Tue 15-Jan-13 12:49:57

No, not at all CEO!!!! I meant to give you a supportive sad. So sorry, the emoticons on the iphone app are very hard to see properly!!!

On the job, proper consultancy, with proper rates AND hours to suit you would be a bit of a winner, no?

DomesticCEO Tue 15-Jan-13 13:19:54

It would JP, but proper sitting around on my arse doing nothing all day for 3 days a week, interspersed with proper lunches would also be a winner grin wink!

The money would be great but the work is hard (and only going to get harder) but I'll have a chat with the bosses tomorrow and see what they want to do.

I had moved on in my mind, so it's hard to readjust back into the thought of working again! blush

TheJanuaryProject Tue 15-Jan-13 13:22:24

I can completely see where you are coming from!

DomesticCEO Tue 15-Jan-13 20:17:53

grin

the temptation to say no is huge, but the words "gift" and "horse" spring to mind grin

LaGuerta Tue 15-Jan-13 22:01:48

Hmm, tricky one CEO. Do you actually enjoy the work? I wasn't too sure that you were last time we spoke.

I saw a job advertised last week that I semi considered applying for. I am not in a position to do so (no up to date cv for starters). I am also not convinced that it is what I would like to do, or how the logistics would work, but I am definitely toying with the idea of WOHM which is significant if only because I haven't been toying with it for most of the last four and a half years.

We now have a 3 foot crater at one end of our kitchen. Not sure why they have chosen to dig so deep, but they obviously feel its necessary. All quite exciting still which is good. I feel less stressed now they have started than I have been for the last month.

TheJanuaryProject Fri 18-Jan-13 18:59:01

Are you all sledging somewhere? wink

TheJanuaryProject Fri 18-Jan-13 18:59:53

LaG - how's the kitchen? What's made you think about going back to work?

DomesticCEO Fri 18-Jan-13 19:52:56

Hi guys, yes we were sledging JP grin grin! Photos on FB - had an amazing time smile.

Well job came to nothing which I'm quite relieved about tbh - they were not prepared to offer me consultancy rates, only the crappy rate of pay that I'm on at the moment. Dh was adamant that he felt it wasn't worth it, which helped make my decision easier. He wants me to concentrate on getting my health and fitness back, and he knows I'm also passionate about getting more involved in the hospice.

LG, in answer to your question, no I don't like my job!

Interesting that you're thinking of going back to work - do you think you will or is it just a "thought" at the moment? I have to confess (bad parent alert), I do think I would be considering giving up work again if I had DS2 f/t. The fact that he's at pre-school three days a week now makes my decision so much easier. I'm not very good at f/t parenting and I admire anyone who can do it and remain sane! blush grin

Your kitchen looks dramatic btw! Can't wait to see the final thing smile.

JP, I assume from FB that the big party is this weekend? Hope the weather doesn't prevent anyone from getting there!

TheJanuaryProject Sun 20-Jan-13 23:19:15

Good news on the job front CEO wink

Yes, the big party was this weekend as you may have seen on fb. Had the BEST time. Lots of dancing and drinking and brilliant to get lots of lovely people together. Had quite a lot of drop outs over the last few days, which was a bit stressful, but only two on account of the snow. A number of friends spent a LOT of time at the airport waiting to find out if they were going to fly. I have very lovely friends - it was really good of them. I'm annoyed that I didn't get more photos though; I meant to task someone with doing the rounds with my camera. My dad took most of the pics on facebook, but he kind of only really took pictures of me, the family and a couple of friends that he's met before (at our rather small wedding) so there were loads more people there than the photos suggest.

How was everyone's weekend?

disguisedeb Mon 21-Jan-13 18:40:48

Just had my very 1st snow day as a teacher - grin I'm aching from sledging, pulling sledges, building an igloo (half), snowballing and skiing down the lane by the house.Keeping everything crossed that I get another day tomorrow.Had about 30 cms in total, drifting too, and only 1 land rover has been down our road early this morning, neighbour in her 4WD couldn't get out.Also have to drive high up on a moor road to get to my school.

Domestic - job sounds good but I know exactly how you feel

January - party looked great, lovely dress too

LaG - how's the catering? Did you get the slowcooker

Gig, how was birthday, and when's your check up?

LaGuerta Tue 22-Jan-13 13:14:02

Glad the party was good January, and that people have been enjoying the snow. About 4 inches here and lots of fun had by Ds1 although DS2 gets cold quite quickly so he is only enjoying it in short bursts. Happily though school was open on Monday which makes it easier for me with the builders in.

CEO - glad that the job situation has sorted itself out. I do feel like I go a bit loopy at times being at home, so you aren't on your own there. smile

The job I saw was something that I am qualified for but not passionate about and I think I read it on a day when the idea of having something else to do was pretty appealing. But, you know me too well in that it just a thought really. I rapidly started to think about the logistics of childcare which would be pretty tricky. At the moment I can't really resolve what I should do next: happily commit to SAHM, look for a job, try to do something on my own (hobby, study something, a token mum business). I am having too many days of really not wanting to go to another playgroup or do another Thomas jigsaw.

The building work is moving along. Luckily it is all inside so the weather hasn't stopped them. The heating is of today though so I am huddled in front of a fan heater. The main challenge is trying to decide upon everything.

In fact the whole of this post proves that I hate making decisions.

Better go. My car is snowed in and I need to get it going before school time.

DomesticCEO Tue 22-Jan-13 21:21:52

JP, the photos were lovely but I know what you mean about getting more! We had this at our wedding party (not our wedding day) as we just got friends to take pics but they just took dozens of us and not of each other! hmm Very frustrating but not much you can do!

You looked gorgeous btw - and the cake was amazing too!!

Deb, the snow day sounds like fun!

LG, smile at the Thomas puzzles and playgroups! I remember it well smile. Funnily enough I've potentially been offered another job today - however, this would only be one day a week, teaching. I'm tempted although it's Y2 shock shock! The HT said "don't worry, they're just like Y6 but with shorter legs" grin. There's a lot to be negotiated before anything comes of it, and I would need to find a CM to do drop off and pick up one day a week, but it's nice to feel wanted.

Can't believe you've got no heating - you must be freezing!!

<taps fingers waiting for Gig to come and update> smile

TheJanuaryProject Wed 23-Jan-13 12:47:42

Thank you - I was really pleased with my dress!

No heating LaG - brrrrrrr!

FWIW, I am completely in awe of anyone who is a SAHM. I think it must be incredibly hard work, so I can imagine how you get days of not wanting to do another Thomas puzzle or go to a playgroup. I get like that and I only have one day per week!!! Doing something just for you sounds like a good idea LaG (if only for your own sanity)?

Yes, Gig - come back!

How's the snow now Deb?

disguisedeb Wed 23-Jan-13 21:16:40

Back at school today, snow still here(need the 4wd and snow tyres just for our road) but main roads are clear, did you see Nigel's photos on FB? I shared his photos but no-one commented so I'm not sure if you could see them. I'm not getting precious about posting pics and no-one commenting, just curious abut whether you could see them!!

Love the Y2's being Y6's with shorter legs, you see I have the opposite problem, the Y6's have too long legs for me to teach. All of a sudden Stefan seems to have got grown up hairy man legs and it's very scary smile

TheJanuaryProject Wed 23-Jan-13 21:24:35

I couldn't see your photos Deb!

I'm a bit envious of all the snow pics - we've really fared not too bad on the weather front, though I did refuse to drive to one of our rural locations today because of icy roads.

Aw, bless Stefan. I can't imagine my cute baby boy as a gangly, hairy, hormonal teen! (Not that Stefan is, but you know what I meangrin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now