When meeting up take sensible precautions. Meet in a public place and let others know where you are going. You can also meet mums on your local site here.

Meet in the middle at the schultuete shop!

(962 Posts)
PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 20-Aug-12 20:13:31

Here we are smile.

ChristmasCountdown Sun 11-Nov-12 22:03:19

Ah right, that makes sense. Pesky 4 year olds and asserting themselves! grin

ChristmasCountdown Sun 11-Nov-12 22:07:46

Oh, and I'd never have you down as a SMOG Gig. On that vein though, DH's fb friend this week posted about how different it was having a boy (a few weeks old) was compared to having her DD's. this is a newborn we're talking about. Apart from having to watch out for them peeing in the air, what differences are there really in newborn girls and boys????

LaGuerta Sun 11-Nov-12 22:25:41

Yes Gig I was referring to a photo of some school work. WTF?!?

Sorry that big Gig was less than angelic this weekend. DS1 had a very peculiar strop over tea tonight. It involved him belting out of the kitchen howling every time either of us said something to him, and then him coming back again immediately. This went on for about 20 mins. Most exasperating. Eventually he found a pear, sat down, ate it and then returned to his fish fingers as though nothing had happened confused.

disguisedeb Sun 11-Nov-12 23:43:32

Do you know, I thought you were talking about someone else, I had to go on FB and find who it was...why on earth would you take a photo of your child's homework? laG was right - wtf? Be interesting to see how they all compare in 10 years time. smile With Ethan's wobbly hands we have trouble getting him to write on top of the yellow letters never mind writing his own cvc words. None in my class at that level either.

ChristmasCountdown Mon 12-Nov-12 00:11:42

<awaits a private fb message about the schoolwork>

ChristmasCountdown Mon 12-Nov-12 00:12:48

LaG - loved your pear story. Little people are most peculiar!

Gigondas Mon 12-Nov-12 08:00:06

grin at pear story - big gig also had a diva strop about dinner then settled down and ate it (strop lasted about as long as it took me to eat my dinner and drink wine). She seems a lot better today after sleep and fact that chocolate has worn off

deb you have upset me - I had a series of pictures of big gigs schoolwork and little gigs nappies that I thought I might share on fb. As you say , see where we are in a few years.

Off for MRI today so hoping that it sheds some light on why my leg is so stiff and how to help (it is most annoying not being able to put socks on easily.

LaGuerta Mon 12-Nov-12 14:40:41

Christmas - are you looking to me for a FB message? Will do.

Hope the MRI is enlightening Gig. I assume it's a wait for the results though.

Ah Deb - the voice of reason and calm. Glad that as a teacher you thought that post was odd. smile

PiratesKnittingTreasure Mon 12-Nov-12 16:35:52

So true Deb, your comment about "see where they all are in 10 years time"! I'm bored of the sound of my own voice telling my friends not to worry about what their friends' kids are doing now and being able to write a CVC word at 4 is a poor indicator of genius status at 18 grin.

Can't bear the FB boasting about school work - luckily none of my friends are prone to this smile.

Had a mixed weekend - after a lovely night out with a friend on Friday I had a nasty experience on the way home when I hit and killed a deer sad. I damaged my car and ended up having to phone the police (who were brilliant) because I couldn't see the deer or what had happened to my car in the pitch dark. All a bit scary.

Sunday was fun - Ben & Holly Live and then an afternoon at the pub - but then rounded off with the bedtime from hell where both my boys turned into spoilt little brats and dh and me lost the plot hmm.

Ho hum.

Gig, hope MRI went ok and not too stressful for you x

Hope everyone else ok. Off to make tea smile.

disguisedeb Mon 12-Nov-12 23:30:03

Gig, how did mri go?

Gigondas Tue 13-Nov-12 06:43:20

Don't have results yet (next week) but was ok - although am really stiff this morning which may be cos I had to lie on an uncomfortable bed for 40 minutes. I was quite proud of myself as find scans quite stressful but coped ok with this one.

also did a blood test which showed my anaemia getting better smile.

Then came home to big gig acting up hmm but on the plus side , she is playing really nicely with mini gig some of the time and mini gig calls for her. This is great news as we had a jealous phase for a while.

KnittingChristmas Fri 16-Nov-12 19:47:25

Glad you were ok with the MRI Gig smile.

Where is everyone?

LaGuerta Fri 16-Nov-12 20:25:09

I am here, and just tucking into a G&T and some crisps whilst I await the return of DH from Cornwall where he has been for much of the week. I am just a little be tired after a spot of single parenting. Early starts, broken cots, poos in the bath, temperatures, etc etc.

Having said all that I have had a really good week. I really like living here, and I am enjoying watching Autumn turn into Winter. I finally got around to erecting the substantial hmm <gee thanks> bird feeder that my parents bought me for my birthday back in May. It has to be the least squirrel-proof bird feeder ever. This morning I realised that the door on the suet cake feeder was open, the suet cake was gone, and there was no sign of any remnants on the ground shock. Somewhere in the woods near our garden there must be a squirrel with a very poorly tummy. Aside from a great many great tits and blue tits, a greater spotted woodpecker and a jay have visited though which is lovely.

I had DS1's first (single) parents evening this week. All is well there which was as I expected/hoped. Apparently DS is one of the few children whose parents aren't being told that their child needs to listen more carefully. I think this was the only distinguishing element of what she said about him vs. what other parents have been told about their child.

Tomorrow I am away for one night. At the age of 35 I am going youth hostelling with my uni friends. This is a bid to see each other without children in tow, but not spend a fortune on a hotel. All fair enough, but I am a bit hmm about a packed lunch outside tomorrow. So, if it is raining tomorrow, do think of me tramping across Salisbury Plain with a soggy ham sandwich.

ChristmasCountdown Fri 16-Nov-12 20:46:50

I'm here! Been meaning to post properly all week. Glad the MRI experience was ok Gig, do let us know when you get the results.

Glad parents evening went well LaG. We enrolled DS in school this week, but won't find out until April if he has a place. Panicking slightly - there are loads of P1 place issues here. It's the catchment catholic school, but if he doesn't get in he'd get placed in the other dreadful catchment school.

Not much to report, work good and loving that I don't have to study! grin DS (mostly) fine. I baked my first ever Christmas cake this week grin Hoping it will be ok - I don't actually like fruit cake, but I found a recipe with good flexibility in choosing ingredients, so stuck to dried fruit I like (cranberry, apricot and mixed peel) and used amaretto instead of the usual mixed fruit and brandy. Fingers crossed it turns out ok. Not sure whether to feed it with amaretto or not - might be a bit sweet.

ChristmasCountdown Fri 16-Nov-12 20:47:47

Posted too soon! Hope you have a good night tomo LaG and that the weather is kind!!

Love your name Knitting grin

LaGuerta Mon 19-Nov-12 18:07:14

Good weekend as it turned out. I'm such a grump! Good long walks in glorious sunshine and lots of chatting. Even the packed lunch was scenic with views of Salisbury Cathedral.

How was everyone else's weekends?

ChristmasCountdown Tue 20-Nov-12 13:42:43

Glad you had a good weekend LaG. Not much to report here on the weekend except I did a lot of cooking in my new super-sized slow cooker!

LaGuerta Tue 20-Nov-12 14:10:29

Impressive stuff. Although I would like to know how you can make a bolognaise festive?

Anyone been lurking on the Amazon black Friday deals? I just bought a pair of Fly London boots for £45, RRP £145 grin. I'm not especially impulsive normally blush.

ChristmasCountdown Tue 20-Nov-12 17:04:09

grin It's not especially festive, but we have got family staying on 26th/27th so I wanted to have the meals prepared in the freezer. DH and I always plan to make stuff ahead when we're entertaining but never quite manage it and I'm determined to make Christmas stress-free as it can be with family

ChristmasCountdown Tue 20-Nov-12 17:04:57

Ooh, well done on the boots - I fancied a Wii, but too busy at work at the time it was on!

Gigondas Wed 21-Nov-12 11:00:49

Marking spot- scan was ok grin showed that was damage from op/radiotherapy so need physio. Done in as mini gig up at 4 (and had been on and off for a few days) and big gig has a fever.

But ok aside from that. Am ignoring Xmas as in a stand off about who has mil which is complicated by fact she doesn't want to stay and the fore that involves 7 hours of driving to collect etc. I am a bit angryhmm that bil thinks its our turn not so much for me (although as knittjng said has the fact I have spent most of this year in and out of hospital escaped him) but driving will fall to dh and he is knackered. Bil also conveniently forgetting that we hosted mil for about 3 years in succession but apparently it's now our turn. However he is a bit thick narrow minded (and also had no kids and doesn't drink ) so implications of spending the thick part of Xmas day driving passes him by. Rant over wink

ChristmasCountdown Thu 22-Nov-12 13:32:28

Really glad to hear that the scan results were ok Gig grin

sad that you've got this Christmas issue again. I remember it coming up before. I think your DH is well within his rights to remind BIL that you've all had a tough year and put his foot down. After everything you've all been through, a lovely family Christmas is the very least you deserve without the hassle of 7 hours of driving.

disguisedeb Thu 22-Nov-12 19:20:38

Hi all, just back in from doing my parents evening, 2.00-6.45 sooo tired now. NIgel's just bringing me a chip butty smile glad scan went ok Gig, sorry to hear about christas hassles yet again

Gigondas Thu 22-Nov-12 20:54:45

Hope some wine with it deb. My mum always insisted after parents evenjng.

Yes pleased about scan and have scary/experienced physio so am seeing them Monday. I will be six million dollar (or more like £2.99) come the new year wink.

Yep christmas it's time of year for coke adverts / my mil to kick off. We are just ignoring things and going are own way.

Had lovely lunch and gossip with knitting today.

disguisedeb Sat 24-Nov-12 22:48:14

Could I just come and be a proud Mum, Ethan's been cast as Joseph in the nativity! Apparently he's been promoted from a wise man to the role of Joseph as his friend got stage fright, so the words have been dramatically shortened adapted for Ethan. He has to say " Look at the star" which will take some working on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now