When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

MN September Shindig

(1000 Posts)
FrankWippery Thu 09-Aug-12 11:15:31

Ok, so we have a venue, a growing list of those coming and Dances making lists.

I'm not going to give the address of the venue on this thread, but will put it in the FB Meet up Group and PM those who are not on FB. If you are and are not already in the group, please click the link and ask to be added and we shall do just that - just as soon as you have confirmed that you are coming and have made a payment of £20 to the Meet Up PayPal account.

The £20 will cover food (12-14ish decent sized canapés), anywhere between 2-4 drinks and, most importantly, cake. Depending on final numbers we have yet to decide whether to have a stock of paid for drinks - wine, beer, soft drinks perhaps, followed by a pay bar; or to do tokens of a set value that can be used for any drinks, again paying once you have used your tokens up.

The venue is just south of the river, next to Tower Bridge; BIWI, Pistey and I selflessly went and checked it out last week and it is lovely, great position and with easy transport to all London main line stations. Tube wise it has Northern Line, Jubilee Line and Circle/District lines running very close by.

With regard to food, when you have paid (please PM me or Pistey for the PayPal details as, again, I don't want to publish it for the world to see), could you please let me know any dietary requirements - allergies/vegetarian etc so that I can finalise the menu accordingly a couple of weeks before the bash.

Accommodation - we are hoping to sort out a group rate at a Travelodge, so if you are in need of a bed for the night, please do let me know and we can add you on to our list.

I will C&P the list of who is coming after this post. If you are coming and are not on it, please add yourself.

I think that's everything..... Any other questions, just let me know and I will, hopefully, be able to answer them.

New thread here

Brain surgeon, shall we form a committee of two? I mean to discuss strategy and make all the high-level decisions, rather than get involved in the <shudder> detail

BrainSurgeon Wed 03-Oct-12 18:09:12

This thread is filling up and we haven't made a decision about Crimbo yet but we're busy talking 'bout farts

Someone make a decision FFS!

grin

JugglingWithPossibilities Wed 03-Oct-12 16:56:52

Tufty - hey I won something today - a nice big parcel from the Bisto stock melts tester thread. With some risotto rice, three bulbs of garlic, two recipes, and three very nice fancy stirrers - and 6 little pots of veggie stock melts ( plus 2x the same non-veggie which I'll pass on to a friend )
So, now I'm planning a mushroom risotto and my usual noodle stir-fry and see what difference they make. More salty and slightly more flavour I'm guessing - but that's OK as DC's getting a bit older now, so I wouldn't mind getting away from bland plain and simple all the time.
Anyway, hope you'll get lucky with something soon Tufty ...

< who said "stirrers - very suitable" ? I heard you grin >

TheVermiciousKnid Wed 03-Oct-12 14:43:57

It's ok, I will take my dog with me. His farts do not smell of roses. I'll be perfectly safe with him there. smile

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 03-Oct-12 13:55:49

Definitely!

TheVermiciousKnid Wed 03-Oct-12 13:34:03

Oh. I'm in Brighton next month ... should I be scared? Do I need a bodyguard of MNers?

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Wed 03-Oct-12 00:37:07

Come to Brighton.
Farting will be the least of your problems wink.

needanswers Tue 02-Oct-12 19:57:27

DH says after the sights he saw when I was giving birth - I can never complain about his farts again!

TheVermiciousKnid Tue 02-Oct-12 19:54:12

My farts smell of roses. smile

needanswers Tue 02-Oct-12 19:54:09

Looks like a lovely castle - sigh.

BrainSurgeon Tue 02-Oct-12 19:43:19

(except for Pag, of course. She never farts alledgedly)

BrainSurgeon Tue 02-Oct-12 19:42:15

I quite like Bath, myself. There is a swimming place there (can't remember the name) it's on a few levels with a heated rooftop pool. You can fart as much as you like in it.

BellaVita Tue 02-Oct-12 19:41:53

Just make sure you include me in whatever you do <<needy>> grin

beachyhead Tue 02-Oct-12 18:42:01

Think it might be more than £20....

GetOrfAKAMrsUsainBolt Tue 02-Oct-12 18:33:57

Liz Hurley got married there. Now divorced and going out wih Shane Warne. Bad vibes.

BigStickBIWI Tue 02-Oct-12 17:59:52
needanswers Tue 02-Oct-12 17:55:20

I'll cry if you all stay in a castle!! I've always wanted to be a part of a castle take over but it's ssssssoooooo pricey!

TuftyFinch Tue 02-Oct-12 17:53:01

I don't think I want to stay in a bunk house though. A castle?

TuftyFinch Tue 02-Oct-12 17:52:22

I like that idea. If there's competitions I'd like to win. Just once. Is that ok? I've never won anything and I'm sure it's my turn. I even grew a giant marrow this year. Bigger than the dog. I won nothing. At all.

needanswers Tue 02-Oct-12 17:41:54

No really I've stayed in one with a beautiful outside hot tub, log fires and leather sofas - I've stayed in some lovely ones - don't ask me where though!! They are all mostly a drunken blur grin.

This reminds me I actually had a life once smile.

Anyway I'm being too bossy as I won't be there (although I could give birth in a hot tub.

beachyhead Tue 02-Oct-12 17:37:13

Not sure HQ would come to a bunk house with random MN's farting in the hot tub... Still could enlist the help of imposters hmm

Hullygully Tue 02-Oct-12 17:32:01

Yes I'm not feeling the bunk house vibe I must say. I think I might be too elderly.

Pagwatch Tue 02-Oct-12 17:24:27

Hot tub in a bunk house = farting in the bath.

TheVermiciousKnid Tue 02-Oct-12 17:24:07

How about going somewhere for a few days over Christmas? That way we could avoid all that Christmas hassle. And we could do a secret Santa and decorate-a-tub-of-toothpase competition.

This thread is not accepting new messages.