If you're a journalist and are looking for case studies, or would like MN users' input on stories, please contact press@mumsnet.com and we will post your request here.

Daily Mail: case studies wanted - 'sandwich generation' women, and women who suffer from 'morning depression'

(105 Posts)
SallyRoseMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 17-Jun-16 15:15:20

Hello,

We've had a request for case study participants from the Daily Mail.

They're writing an article about women who are part of the sandwich generation - with kids, a job, and elderly or sick parents - who feel guilty that they can't do enough for their parents.

They are also looking for women who suffer from 'morning depression', who may wake up in the morning feeling very low but steadily feel better as the day goes on.

They are looking for women aged 30+ and there is a fee on publication.

If you'd like to share your experience or have any questions about the article, please contact Lauren.libbert@me.com direct.

We at MNHQ don't have any further details about this and the Daily Mail won't necessarily be monitoring this thread, so if you have any questions about the article please contact the journalist directly. (If you have any comments or observations for MNHQ, do please fire away and report your post so that our press team will be shown it!)

Thanks,
MNHQ

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Fri 17-Jun-16 15:18:08

Any reason why they're asking people to take part instead of just lifting the threads straight off Mumsnet?

And having lifted so many threads, why would they think Mumsnetters would want to assist them?

BankWadger Fri 17-Jun-16 15:19:38

Haha, good luck.

Catnuzzle Fri 17-Jun-16 15:40:31

I feel this request should make it on to one of the 'brassneckedness' threads 😃

Why women and not men? And why specifically guilt?

Rhetorical questions, obviously. hmm

Floggingmolly Tue 21-Jun-16 18:24:02

The Daily Mail are openly touting for copy? shock. On here??

MrsSpecter Tue 21-Jun-16 18:24:49

Oh yeah, 'cause thats not ripe for twisting to make women look like they're all mentally ill, barely hanging on, letting everyone around them down.

I'll pass thanks.

Lweji Tue 21-Jun-16 18:30:08

They should monitor these threads. They make for interesting reading.
And should publish them too. <waves>

AgentProvocateur Tue 21-Jun-16 18:44:51

Is Shona Sibary not available? I'm sure she could could exploit her family for these articles.

originalmavis Tue 21-Jun-16 18:49:54

How is this news? Besides why not just lift a thread like usual?

God, the standards of journalism these days...

ElspethFlashman Tue 21-Jun-16 18:52:35

Does the offer come complete with the customary DM hideously unflattering photo shoot dressed in a too-small bandage dress and nude stilettos?

DraenorQueen Tue 21-Jun-16 18:53:57

Ladies! Why not take this opportunity to be the next universally hated rent-a-gob? You could be the next Samanatha Brick or Shona Sibary....

Loving today's Hate Figure woman who's been persuaded to spout off about how single parents should be strung up if they drink alcohol around their children or have a night in town, BTW.

LineyReborn Tue 21-Jun-16 18:55:11

Has Katie Hopkins passed out through the short weight of her hatred and is no longer available, then?

BennyTheBall Tue 21-Jun-16 18:56:58

Blimey - I don't think they'll get much response on here.

hazeyjane Tue 21-Jun-16 19:01:49

I am a member of the sandwich spread generation, and would be happy to talk about the unpalatable combination of chopped vegetables, salad cream and matter that we of this generation have had to live through.

Clangersarepink Tue 21-Jun-16 19:03:54

"the Daily Mail won't necessarily be monitoring this thread"

Lol, nice use of irony there MN.

barkingfly Tue 21-Jun-16 19:10:36

Can they at least show my sideboob?

WellErrr Tue 21-Jun-16 19:13:09

Yes, definitely a contender for the next 'brass neck' thread grin

What on EARTH makes the Daily Shit Rag think that mumsnetters would want to willingly engage with them? Are they thick? Rhetorical question.....

Are they wanting to talk to men who are running around looking after everyone too so they can show how mad and inefficient they are?
Thought not.

Someone should email them a link to this thread. Yanno - just incase they don't spend much all of their time on MN these days.

Wolfiefan Tue 21-Jun-16 19:14:10

Mmmmmm sandwiches!
Off to practise my DM sad face.
sad

redshoeblueshoe Tue 21-Jun-16 19:15:00

I'm available.

I'm very low in the morning, but my mood lifts once I've chucked away the Fail.

Elspeth - nude shoes and a bandage dress really hmm
I couldn't possibly wear those.

Sandwich generation FFS

PortiaCastis Tue 21-Jun-16 19:17:16

I could be the single mum hungover face as I was pissed on wine the night before.wine

IcyTeaAndScoopyScoopyDogDog Tue 21-Jun-16 19:21:14

Has Katie Hopkins passed out through the short weight of her hatred and is no longer available, then?

Dont be silly. She is too busy defending racists and rapists, you cant expect her to have time for this!

Queenbean Tue 21-Jun-16 19:25:00

Has it finally happened?! We have given so much shit to the various low grade journalists who come here SHOUTING FOR OUR ATTENTION AND OVERUSING EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That finally they don't even want to post it themselves and are hiding behind MNHQ??

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 21-Jun-16 19:25:19

I love sandwiches!! Do you get to wear an unflattering wrap dress and sad face? I'll do the face but not the dress. I do have some standards. Where do I sign? Can I have my £5?

PaulDacresMicroPenis Tue 21-Jun-16 19:27:12

Me me me I'll do it.

I'm quite shy so the mail would have to use my MN name instead of my real name.

That won't be a problem will it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now