If you're a journalist and are looking for case studies, or would like MN users' input on stories, please contact press@mumsnet.com and we will post your request here.

House husbands

(3 Posts)
RoshanRoberts Tue 26-Apr-16 07:49:41

Hello everyone smile

I am a student Journalist currently writing an article on the social acceptance of house husbands.

I will be looking at peoples perspectives on men and women not performing their traditional roles in households and women being the breadwinners in the home.

I am looking to speak to men or woman who are the breadwinners and also men who are house husbands.

The article will be submitted as part of my degree, however I would be keen to get it published in a magazine if all participants agreed to do so.

Please contact me via roshan.roberts@ymail.com if you would be interested in taking part.

Thanks Roshan

MattDillonsPants Wed 27-Apr-16 00:08:40

I'd like to suggest that you refrain from using the term "house husband" as it's considered derogatory in many circles just as it's counterpart "Housewife" is.

The preferred term is stay at home parent or home maker.

MidnightVelvetthe5th Sun 01-May-16 10:27:44

House husband? I'm not sure what that is, do you mean a stay at home dad or a stay at home husband with no children involved, could you please clarify?

Also what about single parents who are both breadwinner & home maker? Should they not have a voice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now