If you're a journalist and are looking for case studies, or would like MN users' input on stories, please contact press@mumsnet.com and we will post your request here.

Problem gambling

(7 Posts)
televisionjournalist Fri 25-Mar-16 22:27:49

I am a television journalist who would like to talk to anyone whose partner has problems with betting shop roulette machines.
Gary

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Sun 03-Apr-16 19:41:30

Because they'd just love to have their neighbours, their boss, their kids' teachers and the people in the corner shop seeing them on TV. You don't work for Jeremy Kyle as well, do you?

tryandtryagain Mon 04-Apr-16 23:22:10

Why?

MidnightVelvetthe5th Thu 07-Apr-16 18:25:15

That's mind bogglingly specific isn't it?! You aren't interested in people with an online gambling addiction or an addiction actually visiting the betting shop in the first place. Those are OK. Its the betting shop roulette machines that have caught your attention?

Why the fuck have you chosen those, out of everything else?

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 07-Apr-16 20:31:54

It's a spectacularly unprofessional message really isn't it?

tribpot Thu 07-Apr-16 20:37:07

Are you assuming none of us have betting shop roulette machine problems of our own? (I must say, I had no idea betting shops had roulette machines .. or even that there was such a thing - it's surely not the same without someone saying 'rien ne va plus').

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 07-Apr-16 22:19:00

The nature of the problems is pretty open-ended too.

What if someone's partner has a problem getting the machines to work (do they have an equivalent of "unexpected item in the bagging area?") Would that count?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now