If you're a journalist and are looking for case studies, or would like MN users' input on stories, please contact press@mumsnet.com and we will post your request here.

Do you hate your body?

(14 Posts)
drayabb Wed 09-Mar-16 11:23:59

Hi guys,

I am hoping you can help. I'm working on a documentary at the moment which will be presented by Anne Robinson about body image for the BBC and we are looking for women who are unhappy with their bodies and would be open to discussing it with us.

Maybe you've struggled to lose weight after a baby, maybe you had a baby 5 years ago and STILL haven't lost the weight. Perhaps you can't stand being naked around your partner and constantly cover yourself up or just generally don't like what see when you look in the mirror.

If you can relate to any of the above, I would love to hear from you! I know this is a common problem that A LOT of women face and we want to shed some light on the topic.

Please feel free to message me here on Mumsnet, give me a ring on 0207 261 1252 or email image@thegardenproductions.tv and I can tell you more about the programme.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Many thanks,
Andrea

FatherReboolaConundrum Thu 10-Mar-16 18:26:09

You must be desperate because you've posted this twice in the space of two days. I'm guessing that "Hate the way you look? Why not have millions of people gawp at you in all your awfulness via a medium that will show up every pore, wrinkle, spot, and grey hair in spectacular HD while you get patronised by a woman who's had more work done than the Forth Bridge" isn't working as a great pitch.

Actually, why not just get the fragrant Anne herself to do a programme about how ghastly she obviously thought she looked?

girlwithagruffalotattoo Thu 10-Mar-16 18:27:38

Hahaha hahaaaaaa. No.

HoneyDragon Thu 10-Mar-16 18:36:56

I'm hating my body a bit at present but that's because my back is being a wanker. I can talk to Ann about what a total cuntweasel my back is?

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Thu 10-Mar-16 18:42:53

Oh, is this not a joke?

I thought this was a parody of the other media request that is currently hanging around in active threads... Apparently not.

Oh dear.

PennyDropt Thu 10-Mar-16 18:44:17

Medi threads
What a strange subject?!

PennyDropt Thu 10-Mar-16 18:44:43

Oops media

DonkeyOaty Thu 10-Mar-16 18:44:52

Hmmmmmm yes I hate my withered leg but still, I can stump around effectively most days. My days of playing competition standard badminton are over, of course, being halt.

<teeny violin>

SilverBirchWithout Thu 10-Mar-16 18:56:33

It's a common problem that a lot of women face because the media is obsessed by women's body image. and make lots of shallow documentaries on the topic

EmpressOfTheVulvaCupcakes Fri 11-Mar-16 08:50:20

"Shed some light on this topic for a lot of women..."

So are you encouraging your female friends & family to take part? Are your female staff members queuing up to join in this worthy social project?

If they don't want to share something so personal & embarrassing with the whole of the UK (neighbours, kids' teachers, work colleagues) why exactly do you think we would?

mercifulTehlu Fri 11-Mar-16 09:00:41

Hmmm... what can we do to make the world less obsessed with what women look like? I know! Let's make yet another programme about it! hmm

EmpressOfTheVulvaCupcakes Fri 11-Mar-16 13:03:10

Haiku for Andrea:

Exploiting women
Unhappy about their bodies
Is really shit.

To humiliate
Such vulnerable women
Where is your conscience?

I wonder if this thread will disappear shortly too?

MN - if you let threads like this and the Dove one stand, maybe it would give a much clearer message to media requesters as to what MNers do and don't find acceptable.

LineyReborn Fri 11-Mar-16 13:28:53

If I hated my body, the last thing I would need surely is to contact a tv company?

Soddingepiphany Fri 11-Mar-16 14:22:08

To me that reads like "Hi, I'm looking to exploit women with low self esteem for the sake of a shallow documentary"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now