If you're a journalist and are looking for case studies, or would like MN users' input on stories, please contact press@mumsnet.com and we will post your request here.

Are you a 'weekend wife' (spouse working away Mon to Fri)?

(1 Post)
ChristinaH Tue 02-Feb-16 18:40:02

Hello, my book The Weekend Wives is coming out in March - it's a fictionalised account of a group of couples, where all of them have one spouse working and living away for the majority of the time.

I'm writing a piece for the Telegraph's Stella magazine about the benefits and challenges of those living this life. It seems that London house prices and the lure of being able to work remotely is tempting more and more families into the world of the weekend wives (or husbands, less frequently). Is it true that it's all the disadvantages of both being married and being single? How far are you living apart? How do you make it work? Did it drive you apart?

If you'd prefer any quotes can be anonymised, but I'd love any thoughts you might have. Please email me at xtina_hopkinson@yahoo.co.uk. If you'd like to talk over the phone then please include your number.

Thanks in advance, Christina

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now