If you're a journalist and are looking for case studies, or would like MN users' input on stories, please contact press@mumsnet.com and we will post your request here.

HONEST, AMBITIOUS AND ADVENTUROUS MUMS FOR A HIGH PROFILE NEW AD CAMPAIGN

(51 Posts)
BenCast Thu 28-Jan-16 14:21:25

We are looking for people to take part in a high profile, inspirational advertising campaign for a well-known British soft drinks brand.

It’s a chance to share screen time with a very well known, very cool, celebrity. The celebrity in question also happens to have featured in a recent Mumsnet article on who would make the best 21st Century Milk Tray Man…

To take part, all you have to be is yourself, and we are looking for people of all ages and backgrounds. The theme of the campaign is essentially what is important to you – be that a goal or interest that may be vocational, emotional or spiritual.

All expenses would be paid, and for the people ultimately selected to take part, this opportunity could offer the chance of a life changing adventure.

Could you please contact ben.smith@shinenorth.tv ASAP.

FatherReboolaConundrum Thu 28-Jan-16 15:26:20

The celebrity in question also happens to have featured in a recent Mumsnet article on who would make the best 21st Century Milk Tray Man…

It's Keith Lemon isn't it?

this opportunity could offer the chance of a life changing adventure

Really? Helping a bunch of advertisers to make an advert for some fizzy sugar water in a can is going to lead to a life changing adventure? Er, ok.

00100001 Fri 29-Jan-16 08:15:52

Why can't you just say who the celebrity is? confused

Chillyegg Fri 29-Jan-16 08:20:17

I love mumsnet. ...I really do. On any other sight it would be "oooo this sounds like massive fun and stuff hun".

On hear it's "fizzy drink, no thankyou I only drink Water and himalAyan yaks milk"...

NameChange1815 Fri 29-Jan-16 08:22:31

Because they think that if they hint strongly enough that it's Idris they'll have MNers battering down the doors to the studio. And frankly they're probably right. The alternative male suggestions in the article were Peter Kay and Bear Grylls. I think it's probably Bear.

Chillyegg Fri 29-Jan-16 08:32:14

I'm going to guess at Peter kay! Doesn't bear only drink urine or some such?

SmellyHead Fri 29-Jan-16 08:38:37

'Inspirational'. Really?

hmm

WilLiAmHerschel Fri 29-Jan-16 11:27:38

I can't bear, Bear. Especially bare Bear.

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 29-Jan-16 11:32:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BeyondBootcampsAgain Fri 29-Jan-16 11:47:26

"The theme of the campaign is essentially what is important to you – be that a goal or interest that may be vocational, emotional or spiritual."

Ah fantastic. So you are the person/company who is going to take up the issue of transwomen competing in womens sport? smile

FatherReboolaConundrum Fri 29-Jan-16 12:24:21

Amused by the fact that they think people (ambitious people, apparently) are going to be so flattered by Um Bongo, or whatever it is, using their innermost hopes and dreams to flog their drink and by the chance of standing in the same room as some celeb for 10 minutes that they'll hand over this information for expenses only.

And I still want to know how taking part in an advert for soft drinks could lead to a life-changing adventure. Are you going to be forced to neck so much of it that you slip into a diabetic coma?

BeyondBootcampsAgain Fri 29-Jan-16 12:39:07

shock if it is um bongo, i can pretend to be ambitious and adventurous!!!

TannhauserGate Fri 29-Jan-16 12:45:04

How does milk tray tie in with fizzy drinks?

PippaFawcett Fri 29-Jan-16 12:47:45

Also, why aren't the Mumsnetters getting paid? I assume the male celebrity is so should anyone else 'acting' alongside him.

Vedamakesthebesttoast Fri 29-Jan-16 12:52:53

Was there any need to shout your entire title, or have you just lost control of your own voice regulation through over consumption of artificial sweeteners and colourants?

teaplease well said

3point14159265359 Fri 29-Jan-16 16:18:37

the chance of standing in the same room as some celeb for 10 minutes

They said screen time, not filming time. You will not be hanging out with Idris or Keith. But it's a good sleight of hand.

<knocks back pint of Himalayan yak milk>

Chillyegg Fri 29-Jan-16 16:29:08

<sips himalayan yaks milk tentatively >

So would we have to tell everyone our innermost dreams on the tele. ....would Greggs selling more veggie options be ok? It's always bloody cheese savoury or horrible egg mayo......

FatherReboolaConundrum Fri 29-Jan-16 16:39:16

An advert for UmBongo in which Chillyegg earnestly explains her dream of greater diversity in Greggs veggie fillings to Idris. I'd watch that.

3point14159265359 Fri 29-Jan-16 16:54:36

So my spiritual goal is to master yogic flying. Will the UmBongo get me there?

And why was UmBongo ever a drink name anyway? So many questions for Idris.

BeyondBootcampsAgain Fri 29-Jan-16 16:57:11

Hang on, stop the presses, Idris?!

I'm in. grin

SlinkyVagabond Fri 29-Jan-16 16:58:02

It's Idris isn't it?
<throws away all scruples along with big mummy knickers>
Look no further, I'm yer woman.

Chillyegg Fri 29-Jan-16 16:58:19

I'd quite happily explain that to idris aswell
whilst rubbing my thyes not at all lecherously

Thurlow Fri 29-Jan-16 17:00:24

WHY DO SO MANY JOURNALISTS AND PR BODS SHOUT IN THEIR TITLES?

HoneyDragon Fri 29-Jan-16 17:00:37

I fit the profile,

HONEST: your use of capitals in your title us crass and shouty.

AMBITIOUS: I'n working hard on my life goal to successfully get everyone through, childhood / puberty / to retirement without killing them.

ADVENTUROUS: I immac babies, dye toddlers blue and literally twat spiders. I fear nothing and no one.

When do I get my fizzy umbongo?

BeyondBootcampsAgain Fri 29-Jan-16 17:03:25

Fuck off everyone else, idris is miiiiiiine!!!!

We shall bathe in umbongo smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now