Pregnancy Research- Mums and Dads to be wanted!

(1 Post)
MEDIA: Jenni Shaw Fri 23-May-14 17:04:27

Hi, my name is Jenni Shaw and I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist based at the University of Surrey. As part of my training on the Doctoral Programme, I am conducting a piece of clinically relevant research with members of the public in order to add to the evidence base.

I am researching factors that contribute to anxiety symptoms (e.g. worries) in people expecting a baby because this area is of great interest to me. I have worked with lots of people experiencing anxiety and I would like to further our knowledge in this area. I also hope that the outcome of this research will increase the information about emotional difficulties available to those expecting a baby.

In order to learn more about this I need to ask members of the general public (both men and women) who are expecting a baby to answer some questionnaires twice; once during the pregnancy (second or third trimester) and once 4-8 weeks after birth. This will allow me to look at change over time.

If you would like more information you can look at the participant information website:
http://surveys.fahs.surrey.ac.uk/Pregnancy_Anxiety_Research/

If you would like to take part in the research please email me on: j.p.shaw@surrey.ac.uk.

Thanks for reading!

Jenni.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now