What are the stressful things that you worry may harm your children most?

(3 Posts)
MEDIA: DrRankin Thu 22-May-14 15:36:47

What are the stressful things that you worry may harm your children most?

A group of international neuroscientists are currently meeting at Great Ormond Street Hospital and UCL Institute of Child Health to consider the scientific evidence regarding stressful factors that impair and promote children’s brain-behaviour development.

As part of this process we would be really grateful to parents if you could let us know “what are the stressful things that you worry may harm your children most?”

It is very easy to submit your ideas by logging into the project webpage and you can also keep up to date with the scientists latest ideas. Please visit our page to get involved- http://www.ucl.ac.uk/neuropsych/4th_InternationalSymposia

Thank you for your ideas

BigfootFiles Tue 03-Jun-14 12:52:52

I think this is the link to the project - it's not easy to find from the link above: www.ucl.ac.uk/neuropsych/4thUK/onlineproject2

BigfootFiles Tue 03-Jun-14 13:03:09

Also, the question isn't very clear - is it referring to things which are stressful to my child and that I worry may harm them, or things which I, as a parent, find stressful (but the child may be unaware of the issue?)

I'm not clear on that from the project content. I would have thought if it is things which are stressful to the child that I would worry about then divorce, moving house, exams etc should be featured. If it's things which are stressful to the parent then it's a rather different list - but then the question would be better worded "what are the things you worry may harm your child most?".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now