Communication from schools and nurseries

(6 Posts)
Gina44 Thu 08-May-14 17:17:53

Are you happy with how your school/nursery communicates with you? Do you know what’s happening in the school/nursery calendar?

I was always forgetting what was going on at my DS nursery and the stories that I hear, well, it just makes me sad. Parents can feel so guilty because they’ve forgotten something (even reducing them to tears), children are upset because they haven’t been included (reducing them to tears), and sometimes parents don’t even know about a key event.

As I wanted to support all of the busy mums and dads out there and help making being a parent a little easier, I decided to launch Parent PA. (www.parent-pa.co.uk)

I’d love to hear what happens at your school/nursery and if you could complete this short survey, it would be really appreciated.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W62CRF8

doodledotmum Fri 09-May-14 09:49:43

We get messages by paper newsletter, emails, via web site, on twitter and the PTA Facebook page!! How anyone can miss stuff is beyond me

Xihha Fri 09-May-14 12:11:18

It looks very similar to parentmail which DD's school use, it works well.

doodledotmum Fri 09-May-14 14:05:22

Oh god I forget that we get loads of text messages also... I get to know when choir / sports are on and other key dates that way too !! - even if they don't apply to my child every time

lynniep Fri 09-May-14 14:09:29

ours use parent mail too. It works well.

Gina44 Sat 10-May-14 10:08:46

Thanks to everyone for your feedback and for filling out the survey.

It is interesting to hear that you get texts for everything doodledotmum. Parent PA only sends texts for your child. You get the choice of what you receive so you're not bombarded, and it also means the school don't pay for text messages that aren't required. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now