Did you experience emotional or mental health issues when you were pregnant or during early parenthood??

(4 Posts)
MEDIA: bestbeginnings Fri 02-May-14 13:27:41

My name is Sam Neill, & I am a market researcher working with the Best Beginnings (http://www.bestbeginnings.org.uk/) - a charity committed to giving every baby in the UK the healthiest possible start in life.

Best Beginnings are currently developing a series of short films aimed at supporting, empowering & educating parents around the sorts of mental health issues that can be faced in pregnancy & early parenthood.

To help us develop the films, we are looking for parents to guide us. We’d like to talk both to mums who were diagnosed with issues, & also mums who found things challenging, but were never officially diagnosed. We are keen to talk to a range of parents, so if your experiences were a few years ago/you are in recovery, we’d still really love to hear from you.

We will be running an online, private posting area (not on mumsnet), where we will post up 4 sets of questions over a week, to gather your thoughts on how the films should be developed. You will have a posting name so your real life name is kept confidential from other mums taking part.

There will be a payment for taking part, which will be made in Amazon vouchers (or charity donation) at the end of the research, of approx £20/25. The research is likely to take place around week 12th/19th May.

If you would like to be involved, please follow drop us an email on bestbeginningsresearch@gmail.com & we can provide more details - we are also very happy to answer any questions you have about the research.

Thanks in advance for your help - and if you're emailing us, please also bump this to keep it visible smile

bestbeginnings Sun 04-May-14 21:00:34

Thanks to everyone who's responded so far - a quick bump for the Sunday evening crowd.

bestbeginnings Tue 06-May-14 14:40:28

Thanks again to those who've emailed me - and bump!

bestbeginnings Tue 06-May-14 21:54:51

And another little bump....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now