Hi! Student here doing a dissertation

(11 Posts)
BryKP Thu 27-Mar-14 10:54:20

Hi everyone!

Just to introduce myself..I'm 21 and in the process of starting my dissertation. I am doing an anthropology degree and my title is

"You are what you feed: parental decisions on young children's food"

My supervisor has advised me to set up an account here on mumsnet to get some insight into this topic. Since this an an anthropology degree though and not sociology, I need to actually get a handful of in depth interviews and wondered if anyone would be willing to help me out with this? They wouldn't take place until June/July but thought it would be a good idea to mention it early so I at least can get some idea if this is something potentially feasible or not smile

I know this is pretty random! You probably don't see posts like this everyday. The questions would not be invasive and the answers will remain completely anonymous (there's a whole lot of ethics to go through but just to note as a starting point!)

Anyway hope this hasn't come across as being a bit cheeky..hopefully will hear from a few people smile

Bryony

marriedwithkids Thu 27-Mar-14 11:22:59

I dont mind answering a few questiond to help yousmile

MummyLuce Thu 27-Mar-14 13:20:29

Ill do some questions too!

bcmummy Thu 27-Mar-14 14:23:12

I would be happy to help with this too.

Rooble Thu 27-Mar-14 14:25:43

I'd answer some questions for you!

boomoohoo Thu 27-Mar-14 14:28:34

I would be happy to answer your questions too smile

pookamoo Thu 27-Mar-14 14:30:54

If you ask Mumsnet to move this to the "Media and Non Member Requests" section, you might get more responses. smile

SweetTeaVodka Thu 27-Mar-14 14:49:42

I'd be happy to answer questions for you.

My little one is 14 months and we did/are doing baby led weaning and extended breastfeeding, and she has an allergy, if any of that is any use to You smile

NCISaddict Thu 27-Mar-14 14:58:10

I would be happy to answer any questions, my children are more or less grown up now but still happy to help. PM me is you're interested in interviewing me.

Wyfee Thu 27-Mar-14 15:08:56

Happy to help. Expecting Dc2 in July but should have time to answer questions.

BryKP Sat 29-Mar-14 15:26:44

yay thanks so much everyone!! This won't be for a couple of months but thought it would be best to ask in advance so I could make other plans if I didn't get many responses..but this is great smile

pookamoo I will do that thanks for the suggestion smile I'll get back to my supervisor this week and tell her I've had a few responses then go from there if that's ok? Thanks again everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now