Would you and your 5-8 year old child like to take part in a fun psychology research study?

(3 Posts)
Racheli Sat 15-Mar-14 17:02:53

Hi there,

I am a local resident and mature student completing an MSc in Child Development at the Institute of Education. A fellow student and I are conducting joint dissertation research into emotion understanding and anxiety in children and we are looking for local families to take part in our study - we'd be very grateful if you could help!

We would just ask for one parent and one child (aged 5-8) to take part from each family and would arrange to visit you at home for about an hour and a half, either on a weekend or after school. We can also arrange for you to come to the Institute of Education (round the corner from British Museum and Russell Square) for the research session if you prefer.

The study involves some games, picture tasks and a doll's house which children have all enjoyed playing with and we also provide a certificate and kinder egg to say thank you. I'm afraid we can't offer parents anything other than our gratitude though! The 10 families who have already taken part have found it a fun and interesting session.

If you'd like to know more, please get in touch and I'd be happy to pass on a more detailed information sheet and answer any questions. Please do pass this on to any other local parents who might be willing to take part as well. Many thanks!

I can be contacted on this email: rjames@ioe.ac.uk

user4111 Mon 17-Mar-14 11:33:40

I'd be happy to take part but I live in Surrey, just outside the M25 - about 40 minutes from waterloo.

Racheli Tue 18-Mar-14 18:21:27

Thank you. We're ideally looking for families in London but if you drop us a line by email with your location, it might be possible! Thanks for your interest in the study.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now