Please help me with my housework survey

(11 Posts)
MEDIA: steve wood Wed 12-Mar-14 16:09:08

Hello there
I am completing a masters dissertation on how Lean (continuous Improvement) business techniques can be used effectively in a domestic environment. I have created a short survey to collect some useful data and would really appreciate it if you could complete it.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/leanhousehold

Thank you very much indeed

BeaWheesht Wed 12-Mar-14 16:12:10

Your link isn't clicky

Shellywelly1973 Wed 12-Mar-14 16:14:43

The link isn't working...

Goblinchild Wed 12-Mar-14 16:15:32
ballsballsballs Wed 12-Mar-14 16:15:43
Goblinchild Wed 12-Mar-14 16:26:47

Oh dear, I did but I doubt my results were any use to you.
We've always split jobs, and so there isn't arguing, or very little. Everyone has their own area of responsibility and we have a rota for the jobs no one wants to do that have to be done.
That wasn't what you wanted, was it?

CountessOfRule Wed 12-Mar-14 16:36:27

Could have done with a "n/a" option for a few questions, eg "how much have you taught the children to help with x" - I said nothing for pets because we don't have any but that isn't the same as "this chore is not necessary in our household".

WingDefence Wed 12-Mar-14 16:39:15

I've completed it but with young children the section on whether I have 'effectively taught them' in each area should have had a 'N/A - too young' option. I've had to select 'never' to most answers which makes it seem as if I am at fault for not teaching them 'effectively' hmm Also can something be 'fully taught' but still require teaching..?

Also, the question on whether certain areas are a challenge also did not give an option for 'N/A' eg DH does all the ironing in our house (lucky I know!) so I had to put it's always a challenge but but's because I hate it and don't do it.

Good luck!

WingDefence Wed 12-Mar-14 16:39:31

Cross-post smile

Goblinchild Wed 12-Mar-14 16:47:07

I did the exact opposite!
Ironing is never a problem, because it's not my area of responsibility and OH does it.
N/A would have been useful for questions about dishwashers and microwaves and such.

hoboken Wed 12-Mar-14 16:53:23

'Tis done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now