Couples who pay more for childcare than mortgage

(2 Posts)
MEDIA: christinaq Wed 12-Mar-14 16:01:14

I'm looking for couples in their late 30s/40s who pay more for childcare costs than they do their mortgage. It's for a national newspaper feature, in light of last week's news that many parents are paying more for childcare in a year than the average annual mortgage bill.

I'd need people who are willing to be identified and pictured, I will read back your interview to you before it goes to press to ensure you're happy with it and you'll be paid £150 on publication.

If you're interested in finding out more, my email address is cquaine1@gmail.com.

Thank you for reading.

Best wishes,
Christina Quaine
Freelance journalist

TinyDiamond Thu 13-Mar-14 23:01:24

How come they have to be that age? We are in that situation but only in 20s. We would not be happy to be photographed for this but I know a friend who might be.
She is only 29 though. But her husband is 42. Would they still qualify for your age range?
In fact I know a handful of people in this situation where the childcare is costing more than their rent per month too. Pretty common.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now