Looking for help from reception teachers - your view on new animated phonics series

(3 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Marhanna Mon 10-Mar-14 16:56:34

Hello,
I started a company creating animated series (17 videos 3-6 minute-long each) to teach children phonics. We wanted to make learning fun. The series is about a place where letters of the alphabet go to learn their shapes and sounds, and do magic in the process.

Kids love this but I'd love to do proper efficacy testing and get feedback from reception teachers. What do you think - do you like this? Is this usable in a classroom? Would anyone would like to use/test some of these series in the classroom (for free)? Here is a link to one of the lessons teaching S and T.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=259722164189235&set=vb.131327633695356&type=2&theater

I really appreciate your help! I wanted to get feedback from someone else than the teachers we have worked with.

Please respond to this post or contact me at hr2227@yahoo.com.
Thanks a lot,
Marhanna

TheresAHedgehogInMyPocket Mon 10-Mar-14 17:20:18

There is a paid advertising policy on mn. Good luck with your business. smile

mrz Mon 10-Mar-14 19:29:38

Personally I wouldn't use it for teaching I'm afraid. It looks fun and I'm sure children will like the characters but it isn't teaching phonics

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 12-Mar-14 10:59:13

Hi OP - we've moved this to our Media Request board and we'll drop you a mail to explain our rules.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now