Have you waited for ages for an NHS appointment?

(9 Posts)
MEDIA: healthprogrammetv Mon 10-Mar-14 12:17:09

Hello! Do you have a bad experience of the NHS/a story about your outrageously long waiting time at the NHS?

We are a Japanese TV company doing a programme on welfare systems around the world. We are looking to interview people in the UK who have had bad experiences of the NHS. If you have a story about your long waiting time and could appear on TV, we'd like to hear from you.

For more information and to get in touch, please email healthprogrammetv@gmail.com

healthprogrammetv Mon 10-Mar-14 12:21:52

We would especially like to hear from you if you are in the London area. Thank you.

Ubik1 Mon 10-Mar-14 12:22:53

no agenda there then...

Fragglewump Mon 10-Mar-14 12:23:50

I know lots of great stories about the nhs!

Donki Mon 10-Mar-14 12:23:54

I have lots of good experiences, but it doesn't sound as if you have any interest in an unbiased approach.

pancakesfortea Mon 10-Mar-14 12:26:51

Hi. I'm in London and get fantastic care from Guys and St Thomas's for a chronic condition.

Last week my GP recommended an ECG along with my routine blood tests. I walked in to St Thomas's this morning on my way into the office for their drop in test centres (no appointment needed). I arrived at 855 and walked out at 920 having had both bloods and the ECG done.

I know this isn't everyone's experience. And yes, there have been times I would have liked to see my consultant sooner. But I get annoyed by journalists only looking for one half of the picture so I wanted to share a good experience too!

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Mon 10-Mar-14 12:30:42

My family have only had positive experiences of the NHS.

healthprogrammetv Mon 10-Mar-14 12:56:39

Thanks for your comments. Just to clarify - we are planning to present both sides of the picture and we already have plenty of positive stories for the programme, but we'd like to balance this out with a discussion of waiting times.

healthprogrammetv Mon 10-Mar-14 12:58:40

Thanks for your comments. Just to clarify - we are planning to present both sides of the picture and we already have plenty of positive stories for the programme, but we'd like to balance this out with a discussion of waiting times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now