Please help some baby doctors :)

(22 Posts)
customzulu Thu 06-Mar-14 21:23:20

Hi, I'm part of a group of first year medical students from Imperial College London. We've constructed a survey to help us to gather some information about people's experiences and opinions of the NHS, to help us out in a module exploring our future employer. We'd be super grateful if you would take a few minutes to fill in the form. The data is completely anonymous and won't be used for anything official.

Thanks in advance!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ypc5_8tkWXMt9ImddcKklQK63gpDz8b7KOfkoIZRyvk/viewform

LizLemonOut Mon 10-Mar-14 18:58:17

ugh yes, "baby doctors" wtaf. Couldn't believe it when the paediatrician introduced herself as that hmm confused angry

BonaDea Mon 10-Mar-14 17:59:39

If you mean 'doctors in training' fine. If you mean paediatricians, you are being patronising. When in hospital having ds I was shocked and stunned that staff referred to 'baby doctors' and not paediatricians. Assuming patients are morons from the get go is not good!

LizLemonOut Mon 10-Mar-14 17:56:52

Done, but agree that it is very poorly designed. And why on earth do you need my date of birth?!

CwtchesAndCuddles Mon 10-Mar-14 17:46:50

Started and gave up! I live in Wales and a lot of the questions do not apply.

Questions are very poorly thought out.

ginmakesitallok Fri 07-Mar-14 07:18:13

Started it, but its so badly designed I couldn't make it through to the end? Have you piloted your questionnaire?

RubySparks Fri 07-Mar-14 07:18:02

I think you need to make it clear you are talking about NHS in England only.... I was going to fill it out but as care.data doesn't apply in Scotland (where I live) it is fairly unsurprising I am uninformed about it! Also does not apply in Wales or Northern Ireland.

ohmeohmyforgotlogin Fri 07-Mar-14 07:07:52

Done but agree not well designed. No space for qualification eg. I have used 111 but think it is shit and resent my GP out of hours relying on it.

glorious Fri 07-Mar-14 04:46:15

done

rosieposey Thu 06-Mar-14 23:37:31

Done - hope it helps smile

StarsAbove Thu 06-Mar-14 23:26:14

I left out my date of birth as that is too specific, the survey didn't require it to be filled in like you have to on the choosing a GP one.

Shallishanti Thu 06-Mar-14 22:48:05

ahh well in that case even less likely to help!
say what you mean people!

VivaLeBeaver Thu 06-Mar-14 22:44:00

Its a daft med student way of getting to call themselves a Doctor five years before they graduate. They like to call themselves medics as well.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 06-Mar-14 22:42:53

They don't mean paediatricians.

They're med students.

Shallishanti Thu 06-Mar-14 22:41:22

really if you call yourselves 'baby doctors' I am disinclined to help you I am afraid
you do know it's safe to say paediatricians don't you?

VivaLeBeaver Thu 06-Mar-14 22:38:07

Agree with Breathes.

I've been at the same GP practice since I was a newborn. So only the option of same childhood GP was valid. But I had to make up two other reasons.

I also haven't had an emergency appt in years but had to pick an option as if I had.

I'm happy to see the practice nurse for some stuff. Wouldn't be happy at all to see her for other stuff.

Have you done a research studies course? Your survey isn't up to the standard I would expect from A level students.

I haven't require an emergency GP appointment in the last couple of years, certainly not while registered with my current GP. But your questionnaire required a response to how long I waited for my last emergency appointment.

Give 3 reasons why you chose your GP. I only have 1 reason, it is the GP in the village, there isn't any practical choice. However your survey required 3 reasons.

Questions like "Are you satisfied seeing a health professional (like a practice nurse) instead of a doctor?" shouldn't have a scale from strongly agree to strongly disagree - it doesn't make sense. To use a scale like that you need statements not questions.

Why do you want a date of birth? Surely that is overkill, an age range would be sufficient.

I've done your questionnaire, and I hope you get something useful from it. However I am curious as to whether the quality of what you are doing is going to be assessed. If so, I think you might want to improve it.

ihatethecold Thu 06-Mar-14 22:13:59

Done

meditrina Thu 06-Mar-14 22:05:21

Done.

But there was nowhere to express extreme dissatisfaction that, the last time I had a non-urgent appointment, it wasn't possible to book in advance. You just had to hit the phones, an essentially write off the whole day as you might be given any time.

buffersandbumpers Thu 06-Mar-14 21:56:08

Done - although much of it is not applicable as I don't use NHS GP for myself. Children do tho, so based it generally on those experiences.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 06-Mar-14 21:47:35
ohmeohmyforgotlogin Thu 06-Mar-14 21:45:57

Make the link work and I will consider it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now