The Eye Patch

(8 Posts)
MazzElizaAwan Thu 30-Jan-14 22:03:56

Dear busy mums/guardians,

I have heard that the mumsnet site is fantastic to get feedback due to the sheer volume of traffic. I hope it is worth while.

We are currently exploring feedback from parents who have had experience with patching their child for the treatment of lazy eye (amblyopia) which is more locally referred to as reduced vision.

The survey will not take more than 30 seconds of your time and any information will be invaluable towards our search in exploring what factors (if any) are related to the eye patch itself.

Please note that we do not ask for any personal information about you or your child. If you have time it would be greatly no infact hugely appreciated. If not then many thanks for reading this.

To access the survey, please log onto the link below or COPY the link into the address bar to access the SMARTSURVEY. Alternatively if you have problems accessing the site please email me directly on the address belowand I will forward the survey to you.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/101991QGJPX

ME Awan
awan@clearviewmed.co.uk

Thank you ever so much :-)

MazzElizaAwan Tue 15-Apr-14 23:50:22

bump

MazzElizaAwan Tue 15-Apr-14 23:55:02

Have your say!
Come and have a chat with other parents/guardians/family in the community regarding patching treatment for their child. We will not be discussing individual treatment. The sessions are scheduled in Nottingham on these dates; Tuesday 6th May, Wednesday 7th May and Thursday 8th May. In nottingham. Each session will last for 1(one) hours commencing at 10:30hours.

Please email to book a place.

Thank you so much.
MEA
awan@clearviewmed.co.uk

MazzElizaAwan Tue 22-Apr-14 23:36:37

Thump

MazzElizaAwan Tue 22-Apr-14 23:40:02

Children may not like wearing their eyepatch to treat lazy eye syndrome.

We are currently exploring feedback from parents who have had experience with patching their child for the treatment of lazy eye (amblyopia) which is more locally referred to as reduced vision.

The survey will not take more than 30 seconds of your time and any information will be invaluable towards our search in exploring what factors (if any) are related to the eye patch itself.

Please note that we do not ask for any personal information about you or your child. If you have time it would be greatly no infact hugely appreciated. If not then many thanks for reading this.

To access the survey, please log onto the link below or COPY the link into the address bar to access the SMARTSURVEY. Alternatively if you have problems accessing the site please email me directly on the address belowand I will forward the survey to you.

www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/101991QGJPX

ME Awan
awan@clearviewmed.co.uk#
louise.mullany@nottingham.ac.uk

Thank you ever so much :-)

Littlefish Mon 12-May-14 21:41:43

I'm not a parent, but I currently have 2 children in the nursery where I work who have eye patches. There may also be another 2 in the next few weeks. I'd be happy to complete your survey if you think it would be helpful. Let me know.

Cataline Mon 12-May-14 21:44:40

My child was 'patched' using the drops rather than a physical patch so I don't think the survey is for me!

MazzElizaAwan Mon 12-May-14 22:11:53

Hello parents/guardians,

Many thanks for your invaluable responses and taking time to think about the undertaking the survey.

Whether you have direct or indirect experiences/ stories or have been a support, it would be greatly welcomed.

Parents who were patched themselves as a child may have some memories/opinions of their treatment. Again, feedback would be welcomed.

Your experiences would be greatly received and I would be happy to discuss over the phone or meet, if you feel it best. Please be rest assured individual treatment will not be discussed as this is more of a community concern.

Many thanks.
MEA.
awan@clearviewmed.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now