This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

New mums living anywhere on the UK Coast? Take part in a worldwide art project - PAID

(1 Post)
MEDIA: Emilia Telese Sat 21-Dec-13 17:27:00

Dear Mumsnet members,

My name is Emilia and I am a UK based Italian artist. I have worked for many years with the idea of female identity, social and political change and I have been exploring in the past year what it is to give birth and start a new life, also responding to births in my extended family, which included two new babies a set of very early twins, one of which has had to have open heart surgery and has made a miracolous recovery. Moved by this I have been working on motherhood for the whole of 2013.

For example I made a video piece with 13 pregnant women living at Lands' End, which was shown at the Louvre Museum in Paris. You can see it on my website: click here where you can also see the other projects I have been doing since 1997.

For my next piece I am looking for new mothers living anywhere on the UK coast for a photographic project which will be shown at an art gallery in May 2014. I am asking mums to take a picture of themselves with their baby standing near the sea or anywhere you can see the sea, in order to make a new video piece.

I will pay £15 for every picture which I will use in the project. This is a non-profit project and I will not sell the video or do anything commercial with it. All participants will receive a DVD of the video and a credit in it, with their name and surname if they wish to.

To take part, just contact me following the contact link on my website and will send you instructions: click here for contact

Deadline 28 Dec 2013 but I may accept late pics within a few days of that date.

It would be amazing to have your photos!

All best

Emilia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now