Dads who use Mumsnet - Please can you help me with my research?

(3 Posts)
MEDIA: jolyonwinter Fri 13-Dec-13 17:40:53

Who am I?

I am a Ph.D student at the University of London. My research is about fathers’ and mothers’ everyday lives as parents in relation to their use of popular parenting websites. I am a father to young children myself and have worked for several years with parents and families, in practical and research contexts.

Why do I want to speak to fathers who use Mumsnet?

Because I have interviewed several mothers who use Mumsnet and I am interested in listening to fathers’ experiences of using Mumsnet too.

The sorts of questions I am interested in are:

- What led you to start using Mumsnet?
- Does your gender have any bearing on your use of Mumsnet? If yes, what difference does it make?
- How does having access to the Mumsnet forum / website, and other social media, change your everyday experience of being a father?

What am I asking you to do?

I would like to conduct an interview with you. This can be done over Skype or the telephone, or email if preferred. This should not last more than an hour.

What happens to the information you provide?

In my research your name will be changed and your details anonymised so that you cannot be identified. I will only use these data for the purposes of my PhD project - further permission will be sought for any publication beyond this.

What next?

If you are interested in taking part and would like more information please let me know by responding on this thread, PMing me here at MN or emailing me at j.winter@ioe.ac.uk

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon.

jolyonwinter Wed 12-Mar-14 18:11:31

Hello all,

I am still looking for any male MNers out there who would be happy to talk anonymously with me about their use of Mumsnet?

You can either reply on here or email J.winter@ioe.ac.uk

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks for reading,

Joe

jolyonwinter Thu 19-Dec-13 13:57:41

Just bumping this one - are there any male MNers out there who would be happy to talk anonymously with me about their use of Mumsnet? Please reply on here, or email J.winter@ioe.ac.uk

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks for reading,

Joe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now