*ARE TIGER MUMS RIGHT?*

(9 Posts)
MEDIA: MEDIA: David researcher Tue 05-Nov-13 15:15:03

Are you a Tiger mum? Perhaps you know someone who is? Would you (or they) like to talk to a television production company exploring the benefits of the tiger mum parenting style?

Tiger mother - "a strict or demanding mother who pushes her children to high levels of achievement."

If this sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you. We are delving into the world of parenting through the eyes of tiger mums and would love to talk to mothers who think they fit the description.

Please get in touch by sending us an email to the address below, telling us why you are a tiger mum and why you feel your parenting style is the right way.

info@plimsollproductions.com

We look forward to hearing from you!

Mignonette Tue 05-Nov-13 17:42:46

Nope. Made to play Piano and Guitar though and consequently all joy sucked out of them smile

FigEater Tue 05-Nov-13 17:31:04

And you're amazing at the violin?

Mignonette Tue 05-Nov-13 15:31:37

Not on TV I don't grin.

I was pushed and pushed until I broke basically. I waited until I went to university (at the far end of the UK-as far away as I could find) then rebelled hell for leather.

I am now a functioning HCP and am happy. But as much as i don't like to tell others how to parent as all kids are different, I do advise huge caution in this kind of parenting.

FigEater Tue 05-Nov-13 15:26:43

Mignonette, do you want to talk about it?

Mignonette Tue 05-Nov-13 15:22:45

I had Tiger parenting.

My therapy has just about finished grin.

FigEater Tue 05-Nov-13 15:18:25

Also I'm not that strict as a parent.

FigEater Tue 05-Nov-13 15:17:52

Steak tartare.

FigEater Tue 05-Nov-13 15:16:42

I'm a tiger mum, I've got a tiger onesie. I don't eat raw meat though, not even that raw burger stuff even though my husband keeps trying to talk me into it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now