This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Mums starting up in business - anyone interested in being interviewed for new research project?

(1 Post)
MEDIA: Benedict Dellot Tue 29-Oct-13 11:57:42

Hello

My name is Benedict Dellot and I work as a researcher for the Royal Society of Arts, a research organisation based in London.

The reason for posting is to ask whether any mums starting up in business would be interested in sharing their experiences with me. We’re currently running a project looking at the rise of 'microbusinesses' in the UK, and as part of this are hoping to hear from several entrepreneurs about why they started up, what challenges they've faced, what their plans are for the future, and so on.

We're using a broad definition of 'microbusiness owner'. The only requirement is you sell something, work for yourself (at least for part of your working week) and operate in a firm with less than 10 employees.

The interviews would last 45 mins and all information collected would be kept confidential.

The research will be used in a report to be published in early 2014. The idea being that it will contain messages and recommendations that will help make the UK a better place for people to start up in business - including mums venturing into entrepreneurship for the first time.

Do let me know if you're interested in taking part.

Many thanks

Ben

benedict.dellot@rsa.org.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now