This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Can you help? I'm looking for UK mums with children under 3 yrs to complete a short questionnaire. Thanks

(18 Posts)
MEDIA: SoniaOU1 Mon 28-Oct-13 16:39:33

Hi All

I'm studying with the Open University and need some volunteers to provide their feedback on their antenatal and childbirth experiences.

If you're a UK based mum with a child between the age of 0 & 3 years, I'd be really grateful if you could spare 10 minutes to complete a short questionnaire.

The questionnaire is located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ABEQ2

I need as many completed responses as possible so please feel free to re-post this link to your twitter feeds / FaceBook pages or on any other relevant site.

Thank you all in advance for helping - your help and support is very much appreciated smile

kd73 Mon 28-Oct-13 22:39:03

Sorry can't get past the question 're household income :-(

Done

LalyRawr Mon 28-Oct-13 22:53:30

Done

Redbird12 Mon 28-Oct-13 23:07:39

Done but in question asking if this was my first pregnancy i answered no but this is my first experience of birth after 2 mc's, not sure if this will skew response.

SoniaOU1 Tue 29-Oct-13 11:56:36

Thanks for adding the clickable link smile

SoniaOU1 Tue 29-Oct-13 12:16:44

Thanks for adding the clickable link Pottering Along and for completing the survey - much appreciated.

Kd73 - The question is there to identify potential patterns relating to access, rather than to intrude. I'm sorry that you felt unable to continue.

Redbird 12 - thank you for taking the time to complete the questionnaire and for your feedback. The wording for that question was designed to acknowledge the fact that many women may have had an experience of miscarriage so it'll not skew the data at all - your honest response is invaluable.

LalyRawr - thank you for completing the survey too smile

If you found the survey interesting to complete and think that other mums would also be happy to participate - I'd be delighted if you'd re-post the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ABEQ2
I need as many completed responses as possible so appreciate all your help. Thanks again x

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoniaOU1 Sat 02-Nov-13 17:39:28

Thanks for completing the survey LunaticFringe -am sure the results will be all the more valid for including the colourful variety of experiences that real women have. Antenatal and childbirth experiences, as we all know, aren't one size fits all. Really grateful for your responses.

SoniaOU1 Sat 02-Nov-13 17:42:08

For anyone else with a child aged 3 years or under who would like to help - the survey link is https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ABEQ2
In addition to completing the survey, please feel free to re-post the link.

Thanks again to everyone who has participated so far smile

LaurenLondon Thu 07-Nov-13 09:57:29

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Completed. The qus at the end are a bit difficult-I ticked agree to both feeling confident and feeling scared during labour because I was both at different times...

AmandaCooper Thu 07-Nov-13 12:28:45

I had a similar issue with the last two questions about feeling able to choose what position I adopted. In this I was severely constrained by the pain and found sitting on the ball or crouching unbearable; on that basis I answered "strongly disagree" - but there were no external constraints, which is what I suspect the question was getting at?

NotCitrus Thu 07-Nov-13 12:34:12

I didn't attend classes for that birth because it was only 3 years since I'd had comprehensive classes for child 1's birth.

Also with birth 2, self-hypnosis and breathing techniques didn't work nearly so well because I had a stonking great cold and couldn't breathe through my nose and felt like crap to start with.

SoniaOU1 Fri 08-Nov-13 17:03:26

Hi Amanda / Antoinette - thank you both ever so much for participating and for your feedback on the last set of questions. Totally understand that, especially during labour how we feel from one minute to the next can be quite mixed. I've noted your comments as they'll be really helpful in the write-up.

NotCitrus - thank you for helping too thanks - not being able to comfortably breathe through labour must have been frustrating. Hope everything else went well x

If you're able to - please share the questionnaire link with other mums that you know - keeping my fingers crossed for a really large responses rate wink https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ABEQ2

Thanks again for your support everyone x

TheOnlyWayisGerard Fri 08-Nov-13 17:17:21

I've done it. Although it was my first birth, I didn't bother with any antenatal classes, not everyone does, so your results are not going to be valid when people are forced to answer non applicable questions.

SoniaOU1 Sat 09-Nov-13 14:54:31

Hi The Only Way is Gerard - thanks for participating and for your feedback.

In questions relating to antenatal classes the questionnaire provided N/A options (with comments boxes). In hindsight, I agree - it may have quicker for mums if some additional functionality had been included in the questionnaire so that fewer questions were presented if no antenatal classes were attended. Though it's not possible to implement a change for this study (as it's already gone live), all feedback helps to identify potential modifications for further studies.

However, as the N/A (and not covered) options were provided, please be assured that the findings will be equally valid as a thorough statistical analysis of all data will be conducted. Once again - thanks for taking the time to participate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now