This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Help needed designing a new product for parents whilst out of the home.

(4 Posts)
DesignStudent1 Sun 06-Oct-13 23:19:41

To all,

I am a design student currently working on a brief which needs great involvement from those that are already parents/guardians.

When children are out of the home in moving seating spaces such as a buggy, pushchairs etc.... it must get annoying when they throw objects out onto the floor. What kind of product would you think is best to prevent this happening and best for your needs, to suit you as well as your child?
- games without detachable pieces
- a sort of barrier/netting around sides to try to catch things
- complete sheeting over the seat with air access
- an object to attach current products too that wont drop

Please give any opinions and thoughts which would be beneficial, everything is a great help so don't hold back

Thanks

ShreddedHoops Sun 06-Oct-13 23:24:32

It's not a problem.

InvaderZim Sun 06-Oct-13 23:26:33

I would just tell my kid that if she threw it out a second time, she wouldn't be getting it back. She learned quick. Problem solved.

MissAntithetic Sun 06-Oct-13 23:29:38

A grabber stick to pick things up grin

I suppose for the sake of what you are trying to do. A toy which isn't so clumsy it adds to the bulk of the pushchair, that isn't a book, that doesn't have parts and clicks onto some part of the buggy so it can't be flung off.

Is that what you are looking for?

Nets round the side would be pointless plus kids are a really good shot smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now