MSc student in childhood development seeks Mums-to-be for infant observation

(1 Post)
KBeard2013 Fri 04-Oct-13 13:29:42

Hello,

My name is Katie and I am soon to be starting my master’s degree in early childhood development at Birkbeck, University of London. An important part of this course involves me carrying out an infant observation between a mother and her new born baby in order to observe the very beginnings of infant life and development. Bonding, interaction, relatedness, learning to speak and walk, are just some of the universal processes I aim to learn about from you and your baby through this observation.

Currently, I am looking for a mother who would be interested in allowing me to observe this special process. As a mother you would ideally be in the late stages of pregnancy and due to give birth sometime before or in January. The observation would last for about 18 months and would be for one regular visiting hour per week. I would not anticipate any changes to be made to mother and baby’s routine in the home during this hour, and they can expect to carry on at home as they would if I were not there.

If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity and helping me with my studies, then please feel free to contact me either by telephone, 07956551593, or via email kreb2@kent.ac.uk. I would love to arrange a time to talk more with you so you can ask me any questions you may have about the observation, myself and my course.

Best wishes,

Katie

Please note that if an infant observation was to be considered by you, this would be subject to me providing you with a clear DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and a letter of confirmation from my university course convenor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now