This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Cost of half-term breaks

(2 Posts)
MEDIA: Amie Keeley Thu 03-Oct-13 14:47:15

Hello,

I'm a journalist working on a story about the price of half-term holidays and how places such as Centerparcs dramatically increase, sometimes double, their prices during this time, compared to the week before and after.

I'm looking for opinions from parents - what do you think? Is it inevitable? Are you able to afford to go away at half-term? What advice would you give?

Please email amie.keeley@dailymail.co.uk or call me on 0203 615 1553. Or just leave posts below, thanks..

Responses needed by the end of today (3rd).

Thanks,
Amie

SuperiorCat Thu 03-Oct-13 14:50:43

I'm on the fence on this one. It is supply and demand, but it is also exploitative.

A half term break has to be a cheapie to be in addition to our main summer holiday, when CP in particular are charging £600+ it is out of our budget well and truly.

That said, you can have a cheap h/t holiday if you are happy to camp - I'm not so we don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now