This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Research on Body Image

(1 Post)
MEDIA: louisadickins Tue 01-Oct-13 12:22:24

I am currently undertaking research for my final year BA Geography dissertation at The University of Nottingham.
This will involve a study of perceptions regarding the body at work and at home and other leisure spaces. I have chosen this topic as recent literature has emphasised a growth in pressure on women to maintain an increasingly slim body shape as a result of pressure from various variables at work, home and the media. It will cover a number of issues relating to the understanding of the body.

It would be greatly appreciated if you would be willing to volunteer for an interview over skype or email.
I will ensure confidentiality on behalf of all participants and pseudonyms will be given. It should take no longer than 10-15 minutes.
If you are willing to participate in a semi-structured interview please add a contact name, number and email address or email me on louisadickins@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time,

Louisa Dickins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now