This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Would like to get some feedback

(6 Posts)
tomchambers Tue 01-Oct-13 11:29:40

Hi, I'd like to share with you something I've built recently. It's called spruce and it's a private sounding board for thoughts and anxieties. You can try the site here

There's been really positive feedback from new mothers lately to help them deal with worries relating to their children, so I wanted to share it here with you guys and see what you think.

It's totally free (the only reason to put your email in is so you can have a record of what you write for future reference) and I'm just looking to see if it's useful for people. Let me know even if you hate it or think it's useless! I'm hoping people will like you will take part in the process of making it something helpful for mothers.

LEMisdisappointed Tue 01-Oct-13 11:33:31

There are a few typos on that home page - are the people who ask the questions qualified therapists? If i am very honest, it is not something i would use. I do benefit alot from writing things down and do so, often, on this part of the site.

LEMisdisappointed Tue 01-Oct-13 11:34:02

Also, it says "try for free", which sort of implies that it is free to start with but not after a period of time?

tomchambers Tue 01-Oct-13 14:36:30

Thanks for your feedback. The site is totally free, it's not a trial period, I've amended the copy to reflect this. Is that more clear?

Nobody else is involved in the process. It's more of an exercise in helping you structure your thoughts and you choose questions that feel appropriate to your issue to think about further and write responses to.

What do you find most beneficial about writing about problems?

SuperiorCat Thu 03-Oct-13 14:52:54

Couldn't be bothered to sign up to use it, not sure it would offer anything that MN doesn't?

LEMisdisappointed Thu 03-Oct-13 16:02:14

May I ask what you get out of it then? I've put websites together, it is pretty time consuming.

In all honesty, I would shy away from using a site that purported to help with MH issues that wasn't being run by a trained professional actually. MH is an extremely complex and grey area and mnet make the statement that the "advice" given on here is peer advice and that posters are not qualified in any way to offer diagnoses, treatment plans etc. That doesn't mean that there isn't invaluable support and advice given.

In answer to your quetion - I post on the MH section of the forum for peer support and to offer the same. Sharing experiences and simply just having a rant. I think that is pretty much how it is for most of mnet. I don't really find that writing on here is about structuring my thoughts, its more of a brain dump than anything else. Most posters will direct others who are struggling to their GP in the first instance.

There are sites already recommended on this site - Moodgym for example. This is run by a university department and designed by pyschologists. I have used it as an online CBT tool and have found it moderately useful. Again, the key here is qualified professionals designing the site. Is your site CBT based?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now