This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Bedtime story readers - please help *MNHQ* request

(13 Posts)
MEDIA: KatieMumsnet Thu 26-Sep-13 17:16:47

Hi there. We're gearing up for the launch of the Mumsnet Book of Bedtime Stories book next week. We're working with a lovely journalist at one of the Sunday papers who is keen to cover it, and report our poll (that you might remember) on Mumsnetter's favourite bedtime stories.

For her piece, she's keen to chat to:

A parent who thinks that reading a bed time story is such a part of day to day life, they feel guilty if they don't get to do it, and

Parents who share bedtime reading duties - Mums/ Dads who split the role or Dads who enjoy reading with their kids.

It would be really fantastic if anyone's free to help out - it would just be a 5min conversation with a journo.

If you'd like to, please email me at press@mumsnet.com and we can take it from there!

blondieminx Thu 26-Sep-13 17:38:31

Which paper is it? If it's not the Mail then I can probably help? We're a bath/book/bed is gospel kinda household smile

Hi, I could help out. I always read a bedtime story to my 4 year older. I think reading to your child is essential. My older two teenage child are both excellent readers and writers. They get very good grades at school, particularly in English, and I'm positive that's due to reading to them as young children. Hopefully it will be the same with my dc3 too.

I don't mind talking to a journo for5 mins smile

krisskross Thu 26-Sep-13 18:11:07

Yes would be happy to help. Dh and I alternate bed time and the routine, ending in a story, is sacred!

Yeah that's true, if its the mail I wouldn't do it.

Depends on the paper, but in principle yes!

Always have bedtime stories. It's the way I connect with my son again at the end of the working day. It's out special time.

As a lone working parent, it is very important to read together at the end of the day. I'm sure it calms me down too!

KatieMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 26-Sep-13 18:40:05

Thanks so much everyone - think we're sorted.

Meglet Thu 26-Sep-13 18:42:13

I'm up for it. It's jackanory central at bedtime in this house.

milktraylady Thu 26-Sep-13 20:21:40

FYI floella (sp?) Benjamin did the cebeebies bedtime story tonight! Blast from the past! grin

HexGirlBackAgain Thu 26-Sep-13 20:22:37

If you're still looking I'm a single parent and have always made time to read to DS at bedtime. Too
Important not to IMO!

Yama Thu 26-Sep-13 20:30:59

Dh does it every night in this house.

I'm a lp and we never miss story time why would you?!

OliviaMMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 26-Sep-13 22:53:20

Thanks again all. And just to clarify it's for a broadsheet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now