This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Interview requests about Body Image

(1 Post)
MEDIA: BodyGossipRuth Mon 09-Sep-13 16:07:19

Hi everyone, I'm the co-director of Body Gossip, a positive body image movement in the UK that is campaigning for a more realistic, diverse and celebratory view of the thousands of ways to be gorgeous in the UK.

We invite people to share their body stories with us via our website (www.bodygossip.org), and we turn these stories into live theatre shows and short films. We've published a book of over 300 real body stories, with a foreword by Gok Wan.

We also teach self-esteem to teenagers all over the UK, and we won the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Campaign of the Year last year. We're run completely voluntarily by 2 friends, Ruth Rogers and Natasha Devon.

We're devising a new theatre show at the Southbank Centre this autumn, and we're looking for more body stories - we would LOVE to hear from mums about how having a baby has changed their relationship with their body, and whether their child is already being affected by body image pressures. We'd also love to hear from pregnant women about how their pregnancy is changing their view of their body.

Would you like to get involved?

There are questions you can answer here: www.bodygossip.org/news-general-information/be-part-our-new-show

Or get in touch with me here if you live in London and would like to chat face to face with our creative team.

Thank you so much, I really hope you would like to help us to tell the stories of what it's like being a mum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now