This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Looking for happiness? Participants required for internet study for low mood

(1 Post)
MEDIA: Vick Stephens Mon 02-Sep-13 20:19:07

Hello.

I am looking for people who have been feeling low in mood to take part in an internet study, investigating new ways to help people with depression:
An investigation into the effects of internet-based emotion recognition training on people with low mood.

It is based on a CBM (cognitive bias modification) intervention, a similar idea was featured on a recent episode of Horizon with Michael Moseley.

The study is being carried out by myself, Vick Stephens, Trainee Clinical Psychologist, University of Exeter, UK as part of my Clinical Psychology Doctorate. My supervisors are Professor Marcus Munafò and Professor Ian Penton-Voak from The School of Experimental Psychology, University of Bristol. The study has been reviewed and received ethical approval from the University of Exeter Research Ethics Committee (c.n.w.burgess@ex.ac.uk).

Please email me, Vick Stephens, vs9494@bristol.ac.uk for further information and to obtain a username and password to gain access to the first part of the study.

The study facebook page is www.facebook.com/happyproject
The Twitter account is @happiness_study

All contact is via the internet.

Participants will use a web-based cognitive bias modification (CBM) program (where you will be shown lots of faces) on 5 consecutive days. Participants will be asked to complete questionnaires before and after training and also 2 and 6 weeks later.

You can enter a raffle to win gift vouchers to the value of £10, £15, £20, £30 or £50 for taking part.

I look forward to hearing from you.
With best wishes
Vick

Victoria Stephens
Trainee Clinical Psychologist
University of Exeter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now