This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Parents and Guardians with children in Primary School!!! Help Please!!

(13 Posts)
avch1991 Wed 14-Aug-13 17:44:09

Hi everyone!

My name is Aimee Howard and I am in my final year of study of a Primary Education degree. As part of my dissertation I am looking to explore and research the area of Art education within Primary Schools and the opportunities provided to enrich the learning in this area. As part of my research gathering, I am looking to survey both teachers and parents to collect as much information as possible to aid futher research through interviews.

The survey below is for parents and guardians of children within primary education. If you copy and paste this link into your browser it will take you to the first page.

kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=5pxjzcsq6j1szfq200007

I would be massively grateful if you could take 5-10 minutes to complete the survey for me! I need at least 100 responses to be able to use it in my dissertation!

Thanking you all in advance!

Aimee

smile

Done. Dd's school seems to do enough art to keep her happy including letting her entertain herself In free time with art. She loves it smile

SuperiorCat Sun 01-Sep-13 23:22:10

Done. Good luck

fuckwittery Sun 01-Sep-13 23:20:48

I couldn't answer my child's favourite subject, as they don't really teach in subjects in early years, and so its not a question I could ask her, I guessed at PE which is one of the few cleary defined subjects,
Good luck with your project

MiniMonty Sun 01-Sep-13 23:15:28

Science museum vs Tate makes perfect sense and the truth is that the kind of parents who take their kids to the Science museum are likely to take them to the Tate the following week.

Good luck with this - art has been the poor relation in education for a long time.

avch1991 Wed 14-Aug-13 22:40:19

Hiya,

Thank you all for taking part so far! I'm nearly half way to my target of 100 already! smile

Science Museum vs. Tate is based on previous research undertaken, hence the 'restrictiveness'! I will be combining a few different research methods that will make the reasoning for that question make sense!! smile

blush Oops! I thought I'd put that in! It's been a long day!! Will keep a note of that though!

Thanks All!

MollyBerry Wed 14-Aug-13 20:56:23

Just wondering, if you're asking about whether the school is an academy or not you also need to ask whether it's independent/private or not?

magichen Wed 14-Aug-13 20:44:08

Done - good luck

Tubemole1 Wed 14-Aug-13 20:19:53

Your questions are restrictive is science museum vs Tate.

Also, some questions should have don't know or none of the above, as I couldn't answer truthfully.

avch1991 Wed 14-Aug-13 20:09:15

Hiya, Unfortunately, as the survey is now live I can't change any of the questions!

I'll make a note of that in my data analysis that it should have been tweaked!!

Thank you for maiing my link clickable smile

could it be changed at all to reflect Scottish primary years too e.g P1, P2, etc?

BooCanary Wed 14-Aug-13 18:39:01

Done - good luck with your dissertation.

avch1991

If you copy and paste this link into your browser it will take you to the first page.

No need to copy and paste, we have made your link clickable
Good luck with the research

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now