This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Please help support women with PND by sharing your views with me.

(1 Post)
Mummykindnessrachel Thu 08-Aug-13 20:33:42

Hi everyone. I'm hoping some of you will share your experiences with me.

I'm researching a blog post on how friends, relatives and partners can best support women with PND; If you have suffered with depression of any kind I'd like to know what it is you feel you need when you're in the thick of the darkness.

In my case it was quiet and help with the children. However, I never really asked for practical help and if anyone had offered I'd have felt that they thought I wasn't coping or was a terrible mum. I'd probably have turned them down, despite desperately needing help and screaming inwardly that I couldn't cope.

This is why I think it's so hard for loved ones to know what to do for the best. I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance xx

My blog is at www.mummykindness.com/ if you'd like to find more from me.

Thanks
Rachel

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now