This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Mums wanted to talk about breastfeeding pressure

(4 Posts)
Ladywriter Tue 30-Jul-13 13:40:44

Dear All,

I am a journalist writing an article for a magazine about the pressures on women to breastfeed. I am looking for women who felt pressured to breastfeed, either by midwives, health visitors, breastfeeding coaches or society or family. Perhaps you chose not to breastfeed or perhaps you could not for medical reasons?
I am interested in all stories and reasons for choosing bottle feeding but ideally am looking for women to talk about the pressure society puts on new mums to breastfeed at all costs.

Fee would be paid for anyone taking part.

Thank you!

What is your agenda? Paid by Nestle? Which publication?

LurcioLovesFrankie Tue 30-Jul-13 13:54:51

Reported as presumably this journo should have gone through media requests (and paid a fee) not just started a contentious thread to try to do her research on the cheap.

IrisWildthyme Tue 30-Jul-13 14:04:59

Such an article would be pure propaganda on behalf of the formula industry who hate the idea that people can, if properly supported and if they are able to avoid medical issues which prevent it, feed their babies entirely free and without contributing to big business profit margins.

It's hardly an overwhelming pressue given that only a tiny proportion of women do actually exclusively breastfeed for six months, so clearly women are quite capable of making their own choice and don't need such articles being written.

Please, everyone ignore this offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now