This topic is specifically designed for media or other requests for information / help from Mumsnet members. We ask those organisations requesting help here to pay a fee of £30 per request as a contribution to the site (when you've typed in your request, you will automatically be taken to a WorldPay page where you can pay by credit card). Many thanks. NOTE: Mumsnet does not check the content of these requests nor verify any links posted here; we'd like to remind you that it's wise always to be cautious about disclosing any personal data.

Mail On Sunday writer looking to interview other Lindo Wing mothers who gave birth in July 2013

(165 Posts)
MEDIA: amyoliver1234 Tue 23-Jul-13 17:29:46

Hi,

I'm looking to interview and photograph new mothers who gave birth at the Lindo Wing in St Mary's Hospital, London, this week or earlier this month. The piece will be included in our commemorative Royal baby edition this weekend so it'll be a nice keepsake! I'd need to have a quick chat with you over the phone and we can send a photographer to you. Your newborn will also need to be pictured.

It would be great to hear from interested mothers ASAP, but latest by Friday 9am. Please email me on amy.oliver@mailonsunday.co.uk or phone on 020 3615 1819.

Many Thanks

Amy Oliver
Feature Writer
Mail On Sunday

sillyname Tue 23-Jul-13 19:39:31

One wonders what terrible Daily Fail Faux Pas Amy has committed to be hung out to dry here.

Maybe she was planning an article on the fucking disgrace it is that in the 21st century we are seeing a proliferation of food banks. Or again she might have featured someone smiling in a photo.

Who knows, clearly her days are numbered.

mignonette Tue 23-Jul-13 19:40:48

MNHQ

SHAME. Shame on you.....

And I'm a republican with little sympathy for the royals but this is indecent.......

sillyname Tue 23-Jul-13 19:40:49

And shame on you Mumsnet for posting this shite.

There again maybe its a joke.

Poor Amy. I bet she's an intern, getting all the shitty jobs...

Backpaw Tue 23-Jul-13 19:44:01

Has anyone called yet?

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 23-Jul-13 19:44:26

Hmmm. Can't help wondering what journalistic approach Amy will be taking to this story.

Tittle-tattle re Kate is a given but do we think it might be padded out with sneering details of the sheer luxury of the Lindo Wing and how it is full of RICH WOMEN who are too posh to push? When they come to take babypics, what are the odds that the value of the parents' houses will be included?

Could be worse, I suppose - at least it's not Liz Jones writing it.

sparklekitty Tue 23-Jul-13 19:44:27

Really? Amazing.

You missed the 'must be middle class and white'

Talkinpeace Tue 23-Jul-13 19:45:55

Look her up.
She's a Freelancer who WANTS to do pieces like this.

Maybe people should follow HER around when she's on holiday and post unflattering pics of her?

BoreOfWhabylon Tue 23-Jul-13 19:46:37

I actually think MNHQ were laughing like loons when they let poor trusting Amy post grin

munchkinmaster Tue 23-Jul-13 19:47:35

I gave birth at the lindo wing this very morning (and paid about a million pounds for the pleasure) but no worries I've plenty of time for tittle tattle and spying. The Cambridges staff are also poor enough at thier jobs that I got a good old nosy.

stiffstink Tue 23-Jul-13 19:53:02

I gave birte at the Lindo yesterday. I am still in, mumsnetting on my phone.

They won't let me out until I do a post-partum-poo. I am really quite worried that its going to be an 8lb monster.

Shall I text you a pic?

SirChenjin Tue 23-Jul-13 19:53:35

She's a freelancer?!

Oh Amy, you poor, deluded woman - I think you took a wrong turning somewhere in internetland if you think MN is the place for a Fail media request for gossip and tittle tattle on Kate giving birth grin

Eyesunderarock Tue 23-Jul-13 19:58:55

'Nest of vipers to the left, harpies to the right, feminism straight ahead, Emergency exits here and here and here.
I'd run now Amy.

MrsDeVere Tue 23-Jul-13 20:01:12

I think its a great idea!
You could tie it into a piece about how working mothers ruin their children's lives and SAHM make their kids over dependent and whiny.

And don't forget the 'medical' bit about how breast feeding causes cancer and formula feeding encourages illegal immigrants to drive around in uninsured cars.

I can't wait to read it.

Talkinpeace Tue 23-Jul-13 20:03:03

so glad I alerted her query to everybody on all the Kate threads wink

sapfu Tue 23-Jul-13 20:06:04

Ooh Amy.

Awkward.

Who put you up to posting this? They are not your friend.

Fraxinus Tue 23-Jul-13 20:07:25

I have a friend who gave birth in a normal NHS hospital.... Now she PROBABLy doesn't want to be in your mag, but how about including some babies delivered by the NHS, you know, just for some CONTRAST.

exoticfruits Tue 23-Jul-13 20:08:53

I feel a bit sorry for her- she ought to have got the measure of MN before thinking of making a request!

exoticfruits Tue 23-Jul-13 20:09:59

It is a bit like 'a lamb to the slaughter'!

Oh dearie dearie me grin

VivaLeBeaver Tue 23-Jul-13 20:11:03

I really wish I had a newborn so I could do this just to hoax the DM.

I'd rabbit on with drivel about how me and Kate swapped breastfeeding tips over breakfast in the day room and how Wills confessed to my dh that he'd had a sneaky suck on the gas and air.

GettingVerySleepy Tue 23-Jul-13 20:12:06

Yeah, well, exotic, she should have gotten the measure of the daily fail before agreeing to write for them - oh wait, she did and is writing for them anyway, having checked her humanity and ethics at the door!

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 23-Jul-13 20:13:00

This is a wind up though isn't it?

Is good one, I'll give you that!

sillyname Tue 23-Jul-13 20:16:39

I live on benefits in a council house and am mighty pissed off that when I gave birth to dingle and dangle in the lindo wing they wouldn't let my Hubby in with billy goat and my 89 inch 3 d telly. I had to miss Jezza. I was right fucked off i can tell ya.

I think MNHQ enjoy watching Mail reporters get laid in to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now